PDA

View Full Version : Smartreader help

zephyr4
27-05-10, 05:27
Can any help me with installing a smartreader on the Vu+, I am new to this type of box and most of the information I have read just goes over my headat the moment.
I have installed the 1.3 firmware via windows on the smartreader and set it to
Autoswitch
Dreambox
T=0
EGT 0
I have also downloaded serial to usb by plugin to my vu+(was this correct) now I am completely stuck what to do next.

Sicilian
27-05-10, 05:51
What image are you using? What card are you using in the smartreader? The the internal card reader is safe to use, you may not need to use a smargo.

zephyr4
27-05-10, 08:38
The image I am using is one of the pli backup images you have put on the forum and while I am here just like to say thanks, the card I am trying to use is the white card which I have been told runs at 3 volts.

Sicilian
27-05-10, 09:07
It will be fine in the card slot ;)

You'll notice it will run cooler in that than you official receiver.

zephyr4
27-05-10, 09:16
Ok m8 but if its not to much trouble I would still like to know how to use the smartreader as it all helps the learning how to use the vu+.

Sicilian
27-05-10, 09:28
I had a quick play this morning but am at work now.

You've set the smartreader correctly in windows and you've installed the usb2serial drivers which is all correct.

Now I'll be honest i'm not sure if the correct config with the VU+ is either: -

BOXKEY: /dev/tts/usb/0 xx xx xx xx
BOXKEY: /dev/tts/usb/1 xx xx xx xx
SERIAL READER : /dev/tts/usb/0 smartreader+
SERIAL READER : /dev/tts/usb/1 smartreader+
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY /dev/tts/usb/0 3570000
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY /dev/tts/usb/1 3570000

or this: -

BOXKEY: /dev/ttyUSB0 xx xx xx xx
BOXKEY: /dev/ttyUSB1 xx xx xx xx
SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+
SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB1 smartreader+
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY /dev/ttyUSB0 3570000
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY /dev/ttyUSB1 3570000

I think, but not 100% its the first config on a VU+/Dreambox. Both sets are setup to pickup whichever usb port the smargo is connected to.

The config's go in CCcam.cfg located in /var/etc

Let us know how you get on.

Retired member
27-05-10, 10:00
I think accoring to this thread http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?410-smargo-and-Vu&highlight=smargo it's the second lot of lines you'd put in the config file?

Sicilian
27-05-10, 10:10
I've also had a scout around and found that some peeps set their smargo to normal mode instead of dreambox mode.

zephyr4
27-05-10, 14:41
Not sure how to edit the config but I will have a go, do I need the boxkey lines its only the free channels I have.

Do I just put the lines in the end of the config or do I need to edit any other part of the config line.

Sorry for being a pain but I am new to this.

Sicilian
27-05-10, 14:52
Not sure how to edit the config but I will have a go, do I need the boxkey lines its only the free channels I have.

Not sure if its FTA. Pretty sure you still need your boxkey to clear C4HD, cant remember for sure. To edit ftp to your pc, edit with wordpad and ftp back over writing.

Do I just put the lines in the end of the config or do I need to edit any other part of the config line.

Sorry for being a pain but I am new to this.

You can put the config at the beginning, middle or end, your choice :) If its just the defualt CCcam.cfg you can deleted everything from it. You'll notice that all the lines start with a '#', so that means none of them are valid lines.

zephyr4
27-05-10, 15:33
Ok its working I entered the second set of lines with and without the boxkey lines but it did not work I then changed the smartreader to normal mode instead of dreambox mode and it works.

Thanks for all you help Sicilian and I have learned a bit on the way.

Sicilian
27-05-10, 15:39
Cool, thanks for letting us know. From what i'd found/read from other places I thought that normal mode would have worked with the first set of lines and not the second. Looks like we've both learnt something today :D