PDA

View Full Version : Dts-hd?

Cha0s
12-03-11, 22:13
I had no luck playing mkv files with dts-hd audio. Has anyone noticed this before?

pooface
12-03-11, 23:24
What image you using???

hifial
13-03-11, 00:18
An mkv would be dts (perhaps ripped from a dts hd soundtrack) the duo will only stream dts not downconvert it the way it does with Dolby Digital. You need a cinema system that will handle dts otherwise you will hear nothing. You can use an program to convert dts to dolby digital if you need. Hope this helps

Cha0s
16-03-11, 21:12
I'm using VIX 2 image and I have my vuplus hooked up to a 5.1 receiver that handles the decoding, including dts-hd. Files mkv or m2ts with dts sound work fine, but all movies with dts-hd will only play without sound. Vuplus can't pass trough dts-hd ?

pooface
17-03-11, 11:09
I'm using VIX 2 image and I have my vuplus hooked up to a 5.1 receiver that handles the decoding, including dts-hd. Files mkv or m2ts with dts sound work fine, but all movies with dts-hd will only play without sound. Vuplus can't pass trough dts-hd ?

First off, download the latest official vuplus image (at time of writing) from here:

http://archive.vuplus.com/image/2011/5.6/

Then, take a backup of your vix image by using the image manager (so you can restore your current image and settings). Then, flash the latest official vu image. Then, try your mkv file, and see if the dts-hd works. If it does, then it's a problem with the pli base... If it doesn't work, then it's a vuplus driver problem...Maybe try contacting vu?

alex @ vuplus . com

He should be able to pass on

Cha0s
03-04-11, 07:39
I just wanted to let everbody know that it works now perfectly with VIX 2.1. I think it was a driver problem that got fixed with the latest drivers.

Thank you guys for the great work and this amazing image!!!