PDA

View Full Version : Tm800hd epg

Stanman
12-03-11, 19:30
Just set this up but how do you specify where to store the EPG?

Got it to download the rytec XML but not all channels populate in cool EPG

digidude
12-03-11, 20:20
it sorts itself out on its own m8, but, i find its more reliable if you have only storage in the rear usb plugged in

if you are using the DW beta, i actually edited the plugin (i think it was for the updater) to try the rear socket first, due to the way the tm800 randomly decides if itll link /hdd or /usb to anything at all, so it normally ended up in /tmp

witchy
13-03-11, 02:13
it sorts itself out on its own m8, but, i find its more reliable if you have only storage in the rear usb plugged in

What do you mean by that Digi?

Do you mean I should remove all other storage, including my internal HDD, or only USB devices?

Sorry we got cut-off on DW, Ellie1998 decided to ban me.

Tell him he's a m8 from me. :)

digidude
13-03-11, 10:19
i find that with an internal drive fitted, also having flash memory plugged in to the rear socket means the internal drive is 'normally' picked up during bootup, but, the normal /hdd and /usb links are still very random if they actually point to the /hdd or not. not having an internal drive and only a usb means that the /hdd link will point to the usb socket instead

The receiver seems a lot more stable using drives connected externally, but this sort of defeats the object of the internal connection

I think its a lot to do with the booting up scripts, trying to first check what drives are available, then when it finds whats there, to then start creating the links that are /hdd and /usb to the actual devices which are called internal-disk and rear-disk

If your internal disk is cold and dont respond in time, then the rear usb becomes /hdd instead, and anything installed that relies on the internal disk being /hdd is then all messed up, but, the /media/rear-disk/ path is still exactly the same, no matter what

Stanman
13-03-11, 12:33
I checked my USB and could find no EPG data.

Also set up rytec XML and it downloads nought? and EPG is missing entries.

Put the picons on USB and not picked up either and cant see anywhere in the menu to specify location.

Sicilian
13-03-11, 12:52
The EPG is working spot on with this image http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7097-World-of-Satellie-Modified-UR-18_Update-12-03-11-with-added-EPG-Importer Using silverfox latest settings/bouquets. Testing picons now.

Sicilian
13-03-11, 12:59
Ok picons working spot on with the World-of-Satellite/UR image ;)

I've used latest Silverfox settings and Picons from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3971-Silverfox0786-28.2E-Enigma-II-HD-Settings-and-Picons/page2

FTP Picons to /media/rear-disk/picon if using USB stick in rear port.