View Full Version : Save timeshift recording

H2SO4JB
12-03-11, 18:23
Hello!
I have a question concerning my Vu+ Duo with OpenPLi image:
When I pause (timeshift) a program and then press stop to stop
recording, so I want the box to ask if I want to save the pause
recording on the hard drive, or delete it. Does anyone know if
it's possible to configure the box in any way so this is possible?
Any plugin?

yngvekl
15-03-11, 12:23
I'm wondering too...

pooface
15-03-11, 12:35
If you have enabled the permanent timeshift plugin (as installed by default int he ViX image), then it will always start recording to your timeshift directory... Now, I'm not sure whether the following only occurs if using permanent timeshift plugin, but if you press the record button, there is an option to save timeshift, and it will show all events that have been saved in the timeshift, so you can select one to save to your /hdd/movie directory...

H2SO4JB
15-03-11, 14:00
If you have enabled the permanent timeshift plugin (as installed by default int he ViX image), then it will always start recording to your timeshift directory... Now, I'm not sure whether the following only occurs if using permanent timeshift plugin, but if you press the record button, there is an option to save timeshift, and it will show all events that have been saved in the timeshift, so you can select one to save to your /hdd/movie directory...

Hello!
Thanks for your reply.
I have "Permanent Timeshift" installed but I'm not interested in permanent timeshift.
I want the hard drive to go into sleep mode after x number of minutes. I'm looking for a
plugin that allows me to save a timeshift recording that I have pause manually.

t.ph
15-03-11, 14:10
So if your not interested in "Permanent Timeshift" because that does what it says on the packet you need to be looking at just "Record" then as you can set that to what you want & when you want!

pooface
15-03-11, 14:19
Hello!
Thanks for your reply.
I have "Permanent Timeshift" installed but I'm not interested in permanent timeshift.
I want the hard drive to go into sleep mode after x number of minutes. I'm looking for a
plugin that allows me to save a timeshift recording that I have pause manually.

As t.ph says ... if you don't want permanent timeshift, then the best thing to do, is just hit the record button, and then watch this as it's being recorded (i.e. go in to the recorded files menu, and then start playing). This way, you're getting a kind of timeshift, and the item is being recorded ready for being saved... Otherwise, the whole concept of the timeshift needs to be re-written, or a plugin created... However, as I said, it might work that when you press the record button in timeshift, it asks if you want to keep it?! I don't know, as I currently don't have my box in front of me at work :p

H2SO4JB
15-03-11, 20:48
As t.ph says ... if you don't want permanent timeshift, then the best thing to do, is just hit the record button, and then watch this as it's being recorded (i.e. go in to the recorded files menu, and then start playing). This way, you're getting a kind of timeshift, and the item is being recorded ready for being saved... Otherwise, the whole concept of the timeshift needs to be re-written, or a plugin created... However, as I said, it might work that when you press the record button in timeshift, it asks if you want to keep it?! I don't know, as I currently don't have my box in front of me at work :p

Ok, I understand what you mean.
I had a box before that had the options to save timeshift recording when I pressed the stop button, so I am used to it.
But will there be a plugin that adds this functionality in the future, please feel free to write in this thread. :-)

pooface
15-03-11, 21:17
Ok, I understand what you mean.
I had a box before that had the options to save timeshift recording when I pressed the stop button, so I am used to it.
But will there be a plugin that adds this functionality in the future, please feel free to write in this thread. :-)

If someone writes it, then yes...

Or, you could always send the core enigma2 developers or pli developers a request for such functionality in the core timeshift code...

H2SO4JB
16-03-11, 09:33
If someone writes it, then yes...
Or, you could always send the core enigma2 developers or pli developers a request for such functionality in the core timeshift code...

I can do that. :-)
Do you have contact information to them? E-mail?