PDA

View Full Version : WebTV

Stanman
26-05-10, 21:42
Does any know how to get this to work on the VU

Also on a Nabil Darkstar for DM7020 - I had PLI and it worked fine but can't get on the DS:confused:

satmanbasil
27-05-10, 14:36
Hi mate

If you mean by watching programes from the vu+ via your pc then in ur web browser put the box IP 192.xxx.xxx.xxx and you should get the web interface then select ur satellite and then the channel u wish to watch just under the top righthand corner ur see two small tv screens with a time (+24 of 95 ) for instants the first tv is the programe guide the other opens ur screen, helps if you have VLC player installed. I started looking at this just a few days ago and was surprised how stable it is compared with my dreambox connection. I just need to see what needs tweeking to make HD stable as i do get pixels when viewing HD content. Any one with the answer to that can you please post here.

regards
satmanbasil

Stanman
27-05-10, 18:52
I have done that but it just waits ages for the video

satmanbasil
27-05-10, 22:46
Hi mate

I checked mine and it works both audio and picture instant... what browser do you use as i have found mozilla fox is faster than explorer for some silly reason, also can you confirm do u have VLC installed to use as your viewer as this works very stable with VU+

regards
satmanbasil

bob1
28-05-10, 07:51
Hi mate

I just need to see what needs tweeking to make HD stable as i do get pixels when viewing HD content. Any one with the answer to that can you please post here.

regards
satmanbasil

Probably down to the pc's hardware ,runs perfect on mine.

Monty
28-05-10, 09:13
Stanman, can you confirm that you are clicking on the small monitor icon to the right of the channel you want to stream, and not not pressing the "WebTV" button at the top of the page?

grtmoby
28-05-10, 12:36
I have done that but it just waits ages for the video

what is your default player, set it to be wmp or vlc and then try again. I had an issue as nero showtime was my defo player

Stanman
28-05-10, 13:51
Hi,
I am using FF. I did instal VLC but will try again tonight.

Monty - thats the button i am clicking but it might be something else as it doesn't work for the VU_ amd DM7020.

micscave
28-05-10, 14:16
Stanman, can you confirm that you are clicking on the small monitor icon to the right of the channel you want to stream, and not not pressing the "WebTV" button at the top of the page?

Cheers monty
That was the mistake I was making, you've got me up and running with this now. Is it possible to log into the box whilst away from home and stream stuff too like if a slingbox was connected ? Or is it just for over your home network ?

Cheers

grtmoby
28-05-10, 14:19
you can do this mics but you need to port forward to your box

read the guide found here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?656-Remote-Access-Remotely-access-your-reciever)

micscave
29-05-10, 02:01
you can do this mics but you need to port forward to your box

read the guide found here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?656-Remote-Access-Remotely-access-your-reciever)

Thanks mate I'll take a look now.

Maverick120
29-05-10, 11:25
When I do it, it wants to save it,then I click on it and it works, weird but it works ok.

bob1
29-05-10, 11:43
When I do it, it wants to save it,then I click on it and it works, weird but it works ok.

What browser are you using?
If using firefox go into preferences ,click on application and change action to use vlc, it should auto open then, i not sure what the content type is though.

Stanman
29-05-10, 12:04
I can chang the channels but no pics.
On the darkstar I thing the problem is the VLC plug in it says installed but is not sholwing in the uninstall pluin menu.

mrgee
29-05-10, 16:01
If using firefox go into preferences ,click on application and change action to use vlc, it should auto open then, i not sure what the content type is though.

If you are using firefox, you also have to install the firefox plugin for VLC as it isnt installed by default. Try reinstalling VLC and check the firefox extension.plugin box.

grtmoby
29-05-10, 16:08
either as mrgee said or

you can go to mozilla addons and install it from there if u already hqve vlc installed on your computer....

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/14730/

Stanman
29-05-10, 17:48
FF has the plug in. It worked in PLI on the dm7020 with same browser and dont think thats the problem.

mrgee
29-05-10, 18:39
You could try right-clicking on the tv icon next to the channel you want so watch and saving it to your desktop as stream.m3u.

Then try to open the link direct with VLC. ( Right click and select open with...)This will eliminate any problems with the browser you are using.

bob1
29-05-10, 19:37
If you are using firefox, you also have to install the firefox plugin for VLC as it isnt installed by default. Try reinstalling VLC and check the firefox extension.plugin box.

Forgot about that ,i have using ubuntu for some time now and there is no need to select that option when installing.

Maverick120
29-05-10, 20:09

I'm using chrome, will check settings

Maverick120
29-05-10, 21:32
New problem , if I connect to the Vu to play on the computer, the Vu see's it as a recording and the red light keeps flashing even when you close the web browser.
If you open a couple and close them it locks the Vu" no free tuner", I then have to reboot the computer to free it up.

Monty
29-05-10, 21:36
I get the red record light when streaming to my PC, but as soon as I close the stream, the red light goes off.
I'm using Sic's loaded PLi, with todays update.

Maverick120
29-05-10, 22:29
I needed to make sure media player was stopped before closing or it keeps it in cache,ok now.
For some reason if I close media player it doesn't free up the file it was playing, had this problem before, it just pauses the file.

satmanbasil
31-05-10, 15:28
Hi mates

OK i have been reading this treadand would like to throw another problem at you...

I can see without any problem SD broadcast on the vu+ web control but when i try to open any HD content the screen flashes for a moment then nothing i have madesure i have firefox plugins enabled but im thinking mabe a codec related problem what do u think

Using for this test VTi image

regards
satmanbasil

Sicilian
31-05-10, 16:46
Hi mates

OK i have been reading this treadand would like to throw another problem at you...

I can see without any problem SD broadcast on the vu+ web control but when i try to open any HD content the screen flashes for a moment then nothing i have madesure i have firefox plugins enabled but im thinking mabe a codec related problem what do u think

Using for this test VTi image

regards
satmanbasil

Is your network hard wired or wireless?

Maverick120
31-05-10, 18:01
Is your monitor HD compliant , I've read that some are not, I never realised

satmanbasil
31-05-10, 21:30
@ sicilian

Network is ethernet

regards