PDA

View Full Version : delete channels with remote

billy the kid
11-03-11, 12:43
hi - how do you delete lots of channels in one go with the remote ?..for example..in the "sports" boquet, i want to delete say, all the sky sports channels, how would i delete them either one by one are select all and delete them...cant seem to find it with the remote..using vix 2.0 image....cheers

Larry-G
11-03-11, 12:45
it's far easier to just use dreamboxedit to do that sort of thing.

Stanman
11-03-11, 12:49
Highlight the channel you want to delete and press menu, than delete entry. Much easier using a proxy but for multiple deletions.

billy the kid
11-03-11, 12:50
it's far easier to just use dreamboxedit to do that sort of thing.

ive tried that...just cannot get rid of the adult channels..can delete the "adult" boquet no problem...but all the channels still show up in the "All" boquet...deleted each one via dreambox edit...transfeered channels back to vu..rebooted box, but fookers are still there...hence i though i may do it via the remote..

Stanman
11-03-11, 12:52
They will show in all as that lists all the channels on the sat. The only time they will disappear is if they stop broadcasting.

billy the kid
11-03-11, 12:53
Highlight the channel you want to delete and press menu, than delete entry. Much easier using a proxy but for multiple deletions.

that option is not available when selecting the "All" boquet as thats where the adult channels are..

Stanman
11-03-11, 12:56
that option is not available when selecting the "All" boquet as thats where the adult channels are..

See above, edited my post

billy the kid
11-03-11, 12:59
See above, edited my post

lol..no wonder i cant delete them...

pooface
11-03-11, 13:49
If you delete the actual channels from dreamboxedit, rather than the link in the bouquetss, it will remove them permanently (until next scan).

Once u upload the files to the box, instead of restarting with the remote, telnet in to the box and run "killall -9 enimga2". This wil save your changes...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

billy the kid
12-03-11, 02:17
ok will try above...how do i telnet to the box..?

ive enabled my telnet in windows 7...typed "cmd"...typed "telnet 192.168.x.x" (my ip of box"...it takes me to "wlecome ti vix for vuduo"..what is the login and password...?..ive tried allsorts, ie root, passwrd...left blank etc..just wont let me in..?...help please...ta

billy the kid
12-03-11, 12:11
If you delete the actual channels from dreamboxedit, rather than the link in the bouquetss, it will remove them permanently (until next scan).

Once u upload the files to the box, instead of restarting with the remote, telnet in to the box and run "killall -9 enimga2". This wil save your changes...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z

ok ..i think ive managed to connect to my vu duo via telent..however when i run the command "killall -9 enimga2"....it says 0 processes have been killed"....when checking for the adult channels that i want to delete..they are still there...

sonc
12-03-11, 12:39
ok ..i think ive managed to connect to my vu duo via telent..however when i run the command "killall -9 enimga2"....it says 0 processes have been killed"....when checking for the adult channels that i want to delete..they are still there...

There was a typo in Pooface's post which you've carried forward.........its "killall -9 enigma2"

This just restarts enigma2, it wont on its own delete any channels.

billy the kid
12-03-11, 15:08
lol...isnt there any way to delete these ?...

pooface
12-03-11, 16:41
lol...isnt there any way to delete these ?...

Sorry for the typo :p Had sent from my phone :p

But, as I said in the post, delete the files from dreamboxedit, send them to the box, and then issue the killall -9 enigma2 command in telnet. This will restart telnet, and load the channels you just sent over to the box...

billy the kid
12-03-11, 17:19
finally worked mate...telnet wasnt working so i used putty...worked fine...