PDA

View Full Version : IRTE Omnisat Possible???

snapperoonie
26-05-10, 18:59
Hi Guys,
I am toying with the idea of buying a VU+Duo to relace my recently deceased Humax 5400 and wondered if it was possible to use it with my old but perfectly serviceable IRTE Omnisat motor and postioner, can anyone confirm this setup would work as i dont really want to fork out for a new motor on top of the cost of the reciever, new LNB and network plugs,
Regards,
snapperoonie.:confused:

Sicilian
26-05-10, 19:01
What positioner do you have?

snapperoonie
26-05-10, 19:06
The positioner is supplied with the motor as a complete kit details can be found at
h**p://www.irte.it/consumersat/omnisat.htm
although at the moment the site seems to be down

Sicilian
26-05-10, 19:28
Yes site is down atm. Do you have a model no. for it or anything? Can the positioner take diseqc commands? If it cant, I doubt that you can use it. Actually thinking about it, if your using this positioner with a Hummie 5400 you should be able to use it with the Duo as the 5400 uses diseqc. Theres a thread here with a similar setup http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?561-Setting-up-your-VU-with-Motorised-Dish-amp-Seperate-Positioner

snapperoonie
26-05-10, 20:40
Thanks for the answer Sicilian,
The only model number i can find for the Omnisat is printed on the remote and it says "mod. 01". The positioner does not take diseqc commands. Although it takes its power from the LNB cable it works completely independently of the reciever, has its own memory (20 positions) and remote conrol, it was originally designed to motorize fixed dish recievers, the great thing about the Omnisat is that it has two motors, one for horizontal movement and one for vertical movement so inclined sats can be picked up, also it can be setup without the need for a precisely set up mounting pole.
When i used this system with the humax i just used to Omnisat remote to point the dish and then the Humax remote to change channel.
Regards,
snapperoonie.

Retired member
26-05-10, 20:45
Remeber selling these years ago, at a guess around '94-95? Not for *********, this was when I'd not long left school and was working at a local electrical shop.... Anyways yes see no reason at all this won't work, just like your existing setup, go for it!

snapperoonie
26-05-10, 20:51
Thanks *********, that settles it then, i am now counting the days untill the end of the month and payday so i can order one of these babies if there are any left.
Regards,
snapperoonie.

Retired member
26-05-10, 21:08
We should have a few left still for you snapperoonie, just managed to beg another few from a supplier today, should be here Tuesday with any luck with the Bank Holiday on Monday, still have a very limited few in stock right now though so by no means sold out just yet :)