PDA

View Full Version : YPrPb colour issue on Vix 2.0

dixons
11-03-11, 11:17
I am having a problem with my colour set up on Vix 2.0

My TV does not have HDMI input so I need to use YPrPb with RCA Audio. However, the colour is all weird when I use this A/V output method. I have a kind of megenta haze across the screen.

I can use HDMI-DVI for the picture and there is no issue (Though the RCA input does not work with the DVI channel only the YPrPb) If I connect via scart the collours are all good too. Therefore it is only when using YPrPb output I have the problem.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? I am tearing my hair out at this stage

jjp2701
11-03-11, 12:13
m8 i would try a different image and see if u still have the same problem, and if you do then u have narrowed it down to the box or tv m8, there is plenty of different groups images out there for the duo m8,

dixons
11-03-11, 12:15
Which other image would you reccommend?

I originally went for the Vix for the 7day epg and the support.

jjp2701
11-03-11, 12:41
i would try the blackhole image m8, they seem to be a good image to m8

Stanman
11-03-11, 12:45
I had this using scart and vix on et9000 the pic had a green overlay, changed from pal to ntsc and it was fine, changed back to pal after saving and no green overlay. Might be worth trying before you change images.

dixons
11-03-11, 13:04
I had this using scart and vix on et9000 the pic had a green overlay, changed from pal to ntsc and it was fine, changed back to pal after saving and no green overlay. Might be worth trying before you change images.

Thanks for that buddy

That is probably to only thing I haven't tried. I will give it a go and if it works great if not I will give BH a go.

Maxwell
11-03-11, 17:58
This is a known issue with VIX 2.0 and is from the PLI section of the image, revert to Vix 1.3 until its resolved

dixons
21-03-11, 12:34
This is a known issue with VIX 2.0 and is from the PLI section of the image, revert to Vix 1.3 until its resolved

Thanks Max

I have gone with BH for now. Its not as swish and user friendly as the Vix image but the picture is better.

Rob van der Does
22-03-11, 07:51
When using YPrPb you also have to set the scart to component, as both are interconnected.
Many reports have been made that this setting solves the issue.