PDA

View Full Version : hard drive vu+duo

wingy
10-03-11, 23:58
Hi I have a Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB HD204UI hard drive it worked perfect and initialized fine on orignal image which came with the box from new, then after flashed with vix team 2.0 image it shows up in hard disk setup but when I go to initialize you click red button then ok on yes to comfirm it does not do anything.
I have formatted it in setting, still no joy any ideas anyone thanks again for your help guys

jassie
11-03-11, 00:19
Hi mate I am also using a samsung 2tb hard drive, I previosly used it on vix 1.3 and now without a problem on vix 2.0, however when I changed my image I did not initialize the hard disk again or format it etc, have you tried accessing it through the media player and attempted to record to it without doing anything else perhaps?

bassethound
11-03-11, 00:32
Hi I have a Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB HD204UI hard drive it worked perfect and initialized fine on orignal image which came with the box from new, then after flashed with vix team 2.0 image it shows up in hard disk setup but when I go to initialize you click red button then ok on yes to comfirm it does not do anything.
I have formatted it in setting, still no joy any ideas anyone thanks again for your help guys

you only need to initialized your hard drive once there is no need to do it every time you flash a new image

you are probably best to initialized the hard drive again with the VU+ original image and then reinstall vix team 2.0 image again

wingy
11-03-11, 09:35
When I press record I get error message
Missing/hdd/movie
No hdd found or hdd not initialized

Stanman
11-03-11, 12:32
Check your HDD to make sure you have. Movie folder there, had the same problem on my ET9000 and solved it by creating the folder via ftp.Also check its mounted properly.

wingy
11-03-11, 23:41
Thanks Stanman, I have done it I had to make a folder called movie then ftp to hdd, all working fine now

Stanman
11-03-11, 23:42
No worries mate, its all about sharing the know how.

jassie
12-03-11, 00:20
glad your sorted mate

Stanman
12-03-11, 11:28
When I press record I get error message
Missing/hdd/movie
No hdd found or hdd not initialized

You don't need to ftp the folder, if you use DCC, right click in the place you want the folder and than new.