PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Super Hub ...

punisher
10-03-11, 22:36
If anyone is having speed issues/intermittent connection issues with the new vimsuperhubs then give me a shout in this topic and i will help out. we have managed to find a few work arounds till new firmware is released on the superhubs

bobonthejob
11-03-11, 09:39
I hate the damn Super Hub.....Made them give me seprate modem and router.... :Ds

mickey007
11-03-11, 12:01
hi , unfortunetly i have the superhub and as soon aas i connect it to my receiver it starts cutting out every few seconds. cannot get a picture for more than 30 seconds before the steady light on the hub disappears .
any advice would be greatly appreciated
mickey

punisher
11-03-11, 12:57
ok, theres a few work arounds

1. Login into routers config page 192.168.0.1
2. Click Wireless Network Settings.
3. Near the bottom of the screen, click Manually select wireless channel, and then choose a channel from the Wireless Channel drop-down menu, i used 10
4. Change wireless band settings to 2.4GHz
5. If you go into advanced settings, change the speed from 300mbps to 145mbps, this has fixed so many speed and connection issues
6. Also in the services tab, disabled IP flood detection and disable the firewall, save all settings, reboot if you need to and so far 99% of issues have been solved by making these changes

not sure why but apparently a firmware update in the near future fixes this

silverfox0786
11-03-11, 14:20
ok, theres a few work arounds

not sure why but apparently a firmware update in the near future fixes this

well where is it then getting to many pissed of customers :lol3:

punisher
11-03-11, 18:18
lol in the future :p no idea when but the new firmware will allow you to use it as modem only, so you can switch off wireless capabilities, but those fixes i gave above are a workaround the connectivity issues

silverfox0786
11-03-11, 20:53
lol in the future :p no idea when but the new firmware will allow you to use it as modem only, so you can switch off wireless capabilities, but those fixes i gave above are a workaround the connectivity issues

for me mate its not a bother i dont have virgin and untill its sorted wont be signing up

uniuk2000
11-03-11, 20:56
Look for the new firmware in the 2nd quarter (April - June)

punisher
11-03-11, 20:58
i was lucky enough to get rid of my superhub and stick to my modem and router lol prefer it as it allows a bit more customisation than the super hub, but the future plans of the super hub do look promising, just going to wait on it and then upgrade. But when 100mb comes out imma need to upgrade ayway cuz i wont have a choice lol but ill cross that road when it comes :p

silverfox0786
11-03-11, 21:42
ill cross that road when it comes :p

dont get run over :lol3:

satmanbasil
11-03-11, 23:33

Hi mate

If you check out google there are already instructions on how to do this

this is what i found

How to use your own router with a Virgin media Hub/Superhub

So here's how.

1. Plug your router’s WAN port into any of the LAN ports on the Hub/Superhub.

2. Plug your PC into any Hub/Superhub LAN port and access the management page by entering 192.168.0.1 into your web browser.

3. Login to the Hub/Superhub the username/password details are on a sticker underneath or on the side of your hub.

4. On the LAN IP page examine the DHCP lease info; you should see your PC and the second router listed, make a note of the MAC address of the router and add it to the DHCP reservation section and give the second router an IP address of 192.168.0.10.

5. Now go to the DMZ host page on the Hub/Superhub and enter the same IP address of the second router (e.g. 192.168.0.10).

6. Turn off the Hub/Superhub wireless functionality and firewall as this will let your second router provide it instead.

7. Reboot the second router by powering it off wait at least 60 seconds before powering back on again.

8. Plug your PC into the second router, login to the second router and set the following :

In router’s WAN setup for "Does your Internet connection require a login" set to NO, (this may also be known as Internet Connection type - "Automatic Configuration - DHCP" as it varies from router to router) and then you should see the WAN or internet as 192.168.0.10.

Connect your wired devices to the second router reboot once more and you should be good to go.

While im here can you guys with superhub please confirm do you have in your vu network setup the ip for the two name servers which i checked are virgin media im asking as in my last config i just had the ip of the router with no name servers.

regards
satmanbasil

punisher
12-03-11, 00:31
i use virgin medias name servers in my vu duo

thats a long work around to switching the wifi off, hopefully the new firmware should have a simple on/off switch to make modem only ... (god i hope it does lol)

satmanbasil
12-03-11, 23:18
Hi mate

Another quick question regarding network when i run a network test i get
green lan connection

red local network

red dchp ...... I know i disable this one

green ip

and green server

I have read somewhere this is a false reading does yours do the same? if not can you advise what u may have done i have tryed with enable dchp but no luck .

regards
satmanbasil

silverfox0786
12-03-11, 23:36
yes mate in vix it is present as its a base pli image fault and untill pli fix it it will stay current in vix

unless andy finds a fix

satmanbasil
12-03-11, 23:38
Sorry I should have mentioned the proble is with the no local network reporting in vix 2.0 image how ever i can ftp telnet etc

regards
satmanbasil

silverfox0786
12-03-11, 23:39
Sorry I should have mentioned the proble is with the no local network reporting in vix 2.0 image how ever i can ftp telnet etc

regards
satmanbasil

my answer above yrs was in answer to exactly that

i knew what u was going on about

satmanbasil
12-03-11, 23:41
@silverfox

cheers mate for confirming that one..spend time trying to find why without any luck even changed my solo image to vti due to that problem was thinking maybe the superhub was the problem as it wasnt before i had that installed .

regards
satmanbasil

silverfox0786
12-03-11, 23:57
@silverfox

cheers mate for confirming that one..spend time trying to find why without any luck even changed my solo image to vti due to that problem was thinking maybe the superhub was the problem as it wasnt before i had that installed .

regards
satmanbasil

no worries mate

Alanp
13-03-11, 08:12
i use virgin medias name servers in my vu duo

thats a long work around to switching the wifi off, hopefully the new firmware should have a simple on/off switch to make modem only ... (god i hope it does lol)

There is a simple way to turn of wireless you just uncheck enable wireless

punisher
13-03-11, 09:23
Yeh i mean in the new firmware they are goin to a modem only option i.e turning off all wireless capabilities and services like dmz firewall mac filter etc. Thats the only way to make it modem only, no point in havin router functuanality if you it to only act as a modem lol but we'l see what happens :p

satmanbasil
14-03-11, 17:21
There is a simple way to turn of wireless you just uncheck enable wireless

Hi mate

or better still just press the front lumi virgin media button which also kills the wireless

regards

satmanbasil

Rushed09
21-11-12, 11:36
Hi there, just got my superhub installed yesterday and it works fine with ps3 and laptop but i cant get it to connect to my spiderbox, i tried all of the above but doesnt seen to work, its just says scrambled, please help, my last update was nov 15 2011, is there a later one so superhub works with it? Thanks, :)

s1m0nw
15-04-13, 20:46
Time to revive an old post......

I am now currently having problems keeping a wireless connection from laptop to VM superhub. I know its not the internet itself as my bluray and vu+ both still work (they're bot hardwired to router).

Any suggestions as this is only recently started happening

manicscrewdriver
15-04-13, 21:15
What operating system do you have on the PC? I get it with one PC running XP, when its booting Linux, no problems at all.

The other thing to check is what firmware the router is running. There was an issue with the wireless that was apparently resolved. I just use mine in Modem only mode with it connected to a proper router :D

cypchris
15-04-13, 23:31
the superhub is possibly the router ever invented in the universe do your self a favor and get yourself a separate wireless router just use Google and you will see numerous complaints