PDA

View Full Version : FTP to vu+duo

wingy
10-03-11, 08:48
Hi I have just flash my vu+duo with vix team 2.0 and now want to know how to FTP to the box and which programe to use.
I have tried flashfxp and used it in the past with an old dbox2 so familiar with the programe.
But can not login, I use root for user name and password leave blank, but flashfxp will not let you leave the password blank, keeps popping back up to enter password.
I have got the ip correct from box, but it doesn't matter coz it won't take password.
Also anyone got tut how to telnet on windows 7 to vu+duo
Thanks for all your help

mmcmedia
10-03-11, 09:16
Iam using flash ftp myself to xfer from pc - duo youve put your ip & user in and when it asks for password just press ok it should let you straight in
what ver of flash are u using

plusser
10-03-11, 10:03
Hi I have just flash my vu+duo with vix team 2.0 and now want to know how to FTP to the box and which programe to use.
I have tried flashfxp and used it in the past with an old dbox2 so familiar with the programe.
But can not login, I use root for user name and password leave blank, but flashfxp will not let you leave the password blank, keeps popping back up to enter password.
I have got the ip correct from box, but it doesn't matter coz it won't take password.
Also anyone got tut how to telnet on windows 7 to vu+duo
Thanks for all your help

I use Flashfxp > just enter anything for password.

To change password, opening a command prompt and:
(type) telnet 192.168.xxx.xxx (your box IP)
(login) root
(hit return for password)
(type) passwd
(enter new pass twice) xxxxxx

+er

wingy
10-03-11, 15:24
Im using flashxp 4.0, I have left it blank and put anything in for password it still wont work.

plusser
10-03-11, 15:31
1. Are you using port 21 in fxp?
2. Can you connect to the box using telnet (as I said in previous post)?

PS. problem might be your firewall?

mcquaim
10-03-11, 15:37
Hi wingy,

I am using VUCC and it contains FileZilla and I find it works really well.

You don't have to enter a password and VUCC let's you maintain your bouquets and transfers from one nice little GUI.

chris-k
10-03-11, 16:20
i use dcc e2.
in telnet do the same as plusser told you in post #3
(type) passwd
(enter new pass twice) xxxxxx

in log in use root for name and then the password you choosed.

wingy
10-03-11, 20:00
I've done it, the password for some reason was vuplus, don't know why.
Thanks for all your help