PDA

View Full Version : Strange problems

dmgp
08-03-11, 21:35
9 month old VU+Duo. Vix 2.0 plus all updates. Coming down in the morning a couple of times to find the box locked up and not responding to remote. Usually a reboot via WebIf sorted it. However, yesterday after a webif reboot it stuck on 'starting' I thought a reflash was called for. After a wait of several minutes and having removed the rear USB ( EPG and Picons) it failed to read or boot from the (Front) USB, tried several times,over a long period, only a red light, and no light on the USB stick or etherenet port, suspected PSU, but disconnected HDD anyway. Some time later, several hours, I tried to reflash again and succeeded. I did not set up RYVix or Cross epg and this morning the box was still working on the channel I left it on and there was no problem with the remote. Is it me or something I have set up incorrectly, like RYVix for example. I was about to return it under warranty. Any suggestions would be appreciated as this otherwise is the best box I have ever owned, and there have been a few !
rgds
dmgp

basilyoung
08-03-11, 21:49
I doubt its any thing to do with the CROSS EPG or Rytek,

You have had the unit for 9 months, presumably with out any problems, until the above issues, when did the problems start, and can you remember, if you added any hardware, or plugins, swap files??

baz

tandaman
08-03-11, 22:28
I have noticed a good bit of box freezing with vix 2.0 maybe its an image problem

bassethound
08-03-11, 22:36
I have noticed a good bit of box freezing with vix 2.0 maybe its an image problem

Are you getting freezing/glitching on the free to air channels like bbc1/itv1

tandaman
08-03-11, 22:58
Its not glitching. When i go to change a channel the VIX sign comes up in the left hand corner and stays up for 10-15 secs before it chages over to the channel i selected

rjsoni
08-03-11, 23:03
I also have the same problem, i think its something to do with the hdd waking up from being idle as I can hear the disk kicking in.

Blu-ray
08-03-11, 23:15
I have noticed freezing and glitching on BBC1/ITV is this a hardware or software problem, also geting stuck on starting after reflash.

sonc
09-03-11, 00:30
Just try another image.....if the problem goes away then it is unlikely to be a hardware issue.

Backup your current image, flash BlackHole or other of your choice, and see what happens. 30mins effort could save you the hassle of returning a perfectly good box.

dmgp
09-03-11, 01:42
Baz thanks for reply, no nothing added just recently, I did install my dtt stick and it has been plugged into a rear usb slot but no antenna has been connected since I first installed it I di have a swap file, picons and epg on a pen drive too. Auto shutdown is not enabled and O usually just leave the box on, not even in standby, not very 'green'I know. I am going to actvate RyVix tonight and see what happensn in the morning.
rgds
dmgp