PDA

View Full Version : bt infinity port forwarding

gazza341
08-03-11, 15:14
i have btinfinity with homehub v2 but don't seem to be able to port forward by any other port other than 8080 and 80. i have forwarded the ports in the application sharing and have a name.dyndns.org account, but it won't work on any of the ports i have set to forward my view box to.
does anyone know if there are limitations on port forwarding with btinfinity?

thanks in advance,

gaz

hifial
08-03-11, 19:13
I have noticed this also since upgrading to infinity. Over the internet my dyndns address only sends me to the bt configuration page not the vu+ web control page. I have enabled port forwarding also

gazza341
09-03-11, 00:58
Yeh, it so weird. I can forward any number of ports with the vu+ configured, but can only see it via ports 80 and 8080 - even when I am not nominating these ports

punisher
09-03-11, 08:21
Have you changed the port in the web interface plugin first on the duo "Http port - 1222" i use and then try forwarding port 1222 on the router

gazza341
11-03-11, 00:16
Have you changed the port in the web interface plugin first on the duo "Http port - 1222" i use and then try forwarding port 1222 on the router

I tried that initially, but my box crashed and had to reload image - not sure if it had something to do with the password changer plugin, but change my pw via telnet now. I have tried forwarding millions of ports on the router, but when I check for open ports on many open port checkers on the net they say the ports aren't open other than 80 and 8080. I can access the vu+duo via 80 or 8080 using my dyndns account.
It's just odd and don't know of any others using btinfinity that would use port forwarding.
I've stopped tinkering for now as I have an illness in the family, so will report back with my findings if and when I find out more

hifial
11-03-11, 08:22
I was tinkering with this last night first thing the bt hub doesn't seem the show the duo connected properly if you used a fixed ip so put the duo on dhcp and on the bt hub select the option to always use the ip assigned this will do the same job as fixed IP After I done this I was able to access the webIF via my dns address.