PDA

View Full Version : "24hrs time-format" & "go to the first unread post"?

Rob van der Does
08-03-11, 13:59
There are two items I can't find in the forum-settings:

1- I would very much like to use a 24 hrs time notation instead of the AM/PM-time. Being used to the 24hrs-format, using AM/PM means I always have to think twice;

2- On going to a thread I would like to automatically jump to the first unread post. Now I have to do that by clicking on "go to....", which is an unneeded extra and extra time-consuming operation.

Could these options be incorporated?
Or maybe the options are there, but I don't seem to be able to find them.

Stanman
08-03-11, 19:41
1. I dont know about

2. When you go to the thread at the very top there is a buttom "view first unread"

Rob van der Does
08-03-11, 19:53
2. When you go to the thread at the very top there is a buttom "view first unread"

LOL, Yep, that's what I said:

2- On going to a thread I would like to automatically jump to the first unread post. Now I have to do that by clicking on "go to....", which is an unneeded extra and extra time-consuming operation.

Larry-G
08-03-11, 20:04
i cant really see where the problem lies as i read several hundred replies / threads daily and it takes a microsecond to navigate to the last reply in the thread.

however if your still hung up on this, go here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
scroll down to
Thread Display Options and change the Thread Display Mode: option to
linear - newest first then save those options.

Rob van der Does
08-03-11, 20:10
So do I. And in every case it's an extra operation that takes time. And clicking and waiting is not just a microsecond........;)
It would just be nice to have that option (as most forumsoftware has).

Larry-G
08-03-11, 20:13
So do I. And in every case it's an extra operation that takes time. And clicking and waiting is not just a microsecond........;)
It would just be nice to have that option (as most forumsoftware has).

well if you read my previous reply properly you would have noticed that i did indeed include instructions on how to change that option. but as i said i read several hundred threads daily on well over 30 forums and the time it takes me to navigate to the last reply is negligible. i cant really imaging any ones life being so busy a extra second or less would make such a huge difference to them.

judge
08-03-11, 20:18
the button beside the thread title should do what you want.

basilyoung
08-03-11, 20:19
reading this thread, I wonder if peeps need a loo cover, that could save time

Rob van der Does
08-03-11, 20:35
reading this thread, I wonder if peeps need a loo cover, that could save timeThanks for your clarification!

pooface
08-03-11, 21:31
reading this thread, I wonder if peeps need a loo cover, that could save time

I think that'd cause more problems tho ... Think about it, waking up half asleep going toilet, and there's a loo cover on ... mess all over the place :p