PDA

View Full Version : Vix image or vu+ tuners.

Blu-ray
07-03-11, 11:53
The satman replaceed my LNB & CABLE thinking it was the cause for my VU+ not recording in timers, after 2 hours trying different tuner configs he gave up and said i THINK you got faulty tuners,the cost £100 for cash. Can somebody tell me if there is a bug in the VIX image or have i got a VU+DUO with faulty tuners as i have still got 3 months warranty left if i need to replce it.

Sicilian
07-03-11, 12:59
Got to admit this sounds like you've been taken for a ride here.

If you can get a signal with no problems there's no reason change your LNB & Cable, its more like a setting issue.

Before this guy changed your LNB and cables was your signal all ok? If so there's nothing wrong with the Tuners.

advisor
07-03-11, 13:21
I have got 2.3 imege and no problom at all.

Blu-ray
07-03-11, 16:15
Have a good signal just dont know why it wont record, it is allways switching to the recording service as if i have only one tuner working. Is it anything to do with mounting the hard drive or the settings in the recording path, what should the settings be for instant record location & timed record location.

digidude
07-03-11, 16:49
im an installer, and if i turned up at a job, and the tv to watch was fine, but recording failed, and swapping the 2 leads round in the back of the receiver still showed good signals on both tuners, then i wouldnt even look at the dish or cables, as from that alone, you KNOW the issue is the receivers settings, this is known as the split method of basic testing

how are your tuners setup?

at the very least, id be back on the phone to the installer you had, and ask for a breakdown of what your £100 paid for, as it sounds to me like youve been slightly tucked up

Blu-ray
07-03-11, 16:55
Using a motorized setup with twin lnb, Tuner A = Usals/ Positioner & Tuner B = Second cable of lnb a. SNR = 95 & AGC = 99.

digidude
07-03-11, 17:01
as both feeds are coming from the same dish, and i believe tuner 1 is the default recording tuner, no matter what youre watching, when a recording kicks in, itll switch to tuner A to record, and if this means moving your dish, then tuner B will lose its signal if you was watching a different satellite

how is tuner B setup? in the menu

Blu-ray
07-03-11, 17:08
Tuner B is setup as second cable from motorized lnb a, if i am watching BBI and set to record the next programme to start on BBC1, i get that message in order to record a time, tv was switched to the recording service and it dont record.

pooface
07-03-11, 17:18
Tuner B is setup as second cable from motorized lnb a, if i am watching BBI and set to record the next programme to start on BBC1, i get that message in order to record a time, tv was switched to the recording service and it dont record.

Is your hdd initialised properly, and mounted correctly? I see no reason why it wouldn't record, if it switched to the recording service...

Blu-ray
07-03-11, 17:21
I have initialised it and i can use instant record and time shift, how do i check to see if it mounted correctly.

Sicilian
07-03-11, 17:25
What Enigma 2 settings are you using?

Blu-ray
07-03-11, 17:26
The latest with the 89 updates.

Sicilian
07-03-11, 17:36
The latest with the 89 updates.

No, what I mean is Enigma 2 settings bouquets, try cateyes latest. I'm wondering if your satellites.xml file is seperating some of the UK channels between 28.2 and 28.4, hence the receiver thinks the motor needs to move an not recording. Try cateyes below.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42-Catseye-Enigma2-Settings-file-75-East-to-58-West/page3

Larry-G
07-03-11, 17:39
or manually update your satellites.xml file to the latest version.

Blu-ray
07-03-11, 17:48
I am using silverfox Mr Misters latest bouquets and recording was working until i done a reflash of Vix 2.0.3, i see where your coming from with the satellites .xml file ill give them a go after tea, i think this did happen after updating the latest satellite .xml file.

Sicilian
07-03-11, 17:51
I am using silverfox Mr Misters latest bouquets and recording was working until i done a reflash of Vix 2.0.3, i see where your coming from with the satellites .xml file ill give them a go after tea, i think this did happen after updating the latest satellite .xml file.

To test just use the official released cateyes files.

plusser
07-03-11, 19:16
Can somebody tell me if there is a bug in the VIX image

As far as I'm concerned, answer is "yes". I had several failed timer recording using vIX 2 (and Open Pli) but no problems with official 5.6.

+er

Blu-ray
08-03-11, 12:02
Udate, Reflashed using VIX 2.0.3 with Catseyes bouquets still have the same problem, i see plusser has had the same problem using VIX 2.0.3 but says not with the official 5.6. is this the VIX 1.3 image?. Is it possible to use a working backup of the VIX 2.0.3 with Catseyes 75E/58W bouqets from somebody with the same setup as me. My setup is motorized dish twin lnb Tuner A simple/ positioner, Tuner B 2nd cable of motor lnb tuner A. usb stick for picons/epg, hdd for media/timeshift. also using Rytek EPG. Was i stiched up LNB/ CABLE 35mtrs. LNB & CABLE = £50, & £50 for 2 hours labour for fitting/setup receiver.

Blu-ray
08-03-11, 15:15
Anybody help me out with the above option please.

Blu-ray
08-03-11, 23:24
As any one got a working VIX 2.0.3 image where the recording works in the EPG without sending it to the recording service, as i would like to try a backup to see if it cures my problem.

Blu-ray
09-03-11, 11:50
Any help at all please with the above problem as i would like to use the VU+ for recording. Thanks.