PDA

View Full Version : play mkv or avi files

courtwba1
06-03-11, 22:46
what is the best way to watch avi files and mkv files on th vu duo,or is it just a waste of time...ive tried watching them on vlc player,hdd and usb but they always seem to freeze and playback is slugish.

punisher
06-03-11, 22:49
use the media player, if you have a hdd mounted or a network hdd mounted. I have my NAS drive mounted in vu duo so when i go into Media Player i can play files from my NAS drive

killz187
07-03-11, 00:04
You dont mind if i ask does the Vu+Duo play avi files?I did put some of my avi files on my Mybookworld nas drive but the Duo would not play them do i need some kind of plug in?

mcquaim
07-03-11, 00:41
Did you previously try to play the AVI file using Vix 1.3?

It did not play AVI file types so well, a lot of sound and video issues! Vix 2.0 however plays them a lot better, they run pretty smoothly for me anyway!

Try it if you haven't already done so..

killz187
07-03-11, 01:05
Did you previously try to play the AVI file using Vix 1.3?

It did not play AVI file types so well, a lot of sound and video issues! Vix 2.0 however plays them a lot better, they run pretty smoothly for me anyway!

Try it if you haven't already done so..
Got the box last week and flashed it with Vix 2.0 thats what im using at the moment and when i go to my media player and try and play a avi video it will say Gsstreamer plugin jpeg/Mu-Law decoder not available.

mcquaim
07-03-11, 10:48
Strange, it worked fine for me.. Did you get all the online updates?

Perhaps you need some of the updates to play avi's.. The ones I tried were xvid and played ok, perhaps you are trying to play a different format than me and resulting in it not being supported perhaps!

Try the online updates if you haven't already done so to see if that helps you out. If you've already done so then I'm not sure what the issue would be...