PDA

View Full Version : how can we get you VIX boys to make the an image for the tm800hd

squig007
06-03-11, 19:32
Guys i have to say that the new vix 2.0 image for my vu+ duo is awesome so easy to use and very quick infact dare i say near perfect. Would there be any chance you could have a go at doing an image for the TM800. I would love it if the TM800 hd was brought to life buy a vix imagehow can we tm800hd users make it happen ?

squig007

silverfox0786
06-03-11, 19:38
the best way is to stop starting unnessasary thread that are already been made and answered

the second thing is tm800 images are nothing like any other box and need a comlete rebuild and recode and is a minimum just to get a beta build is 6 months work and thast if we work hard to make sure the hd skins dont crash

and for that test boxes are required also something we dont have at the present time

so with that said its not as easy as just asking and a few weeks later there you go

but still in this world any thing is possible like back in october who would have thought i would be here today

squig007
06-03-11, 19:41
sorry i didnt think i was bugging anyone , i didnt know this had been asked before .

Sicilian
06-03-11, 19:42
Lets just see what the future brings, we've just release the ET image and we need things to settle down before starting another project.

The TM800 image requires a special way of building and will take time to port the current ViX extras to the TM800.

silverfox0786
06-03-11, 19:43
sorry i didnt think i was bugging anyone , i didnt know this had been asked before .

i didnt mean it in that way just asking over and over wont get it made

it is a lengthy process that needs to be looked into and thought out properly

squig007
06-03-11, 19:44
right ok lads - i just think that the VIX image is that good that a box like the tm800hd would light up if it had an image as good as that in it
squig007

silverfox0786
06-03-11, 19:48
right ok lads - i just think that the VIX image is that good that a box like the tm800hd would light up if it had an image as good as that in it
squig007

i agree mate vix is awsome and having it on more boxes would be great

but as sic said its something to look into with a clear mind

Stanman
06-03-11, 20:56
Why don't you give digidudes image a try? It's supposef to.be an improvement over UR trams

jcm193
06-03-11, 21:34
I did and i had issues with very glitchy playback on hd content recorded on to the hard drive,i had to go back to th ur image and this work perfectly.

Why don't you give digidudes image a try? It's supposef to.be an improvement over UR trams

squig007
06-03-11, 22:13
im using digi's image now and it's fine - hes put a lot aof time and effort into which i and many others really appreciate but it's using the ur teams base so very similar to a ur iamge . What the tm 800hd needs is a complete new image from scratch and theres no better image to use than a vix image !!

bassethound
06-03-11, 22:20
You can always make your own image as they have released the source code in the link below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?4831-TM800-source-code.-PUBLIC!!

jcm193
06-03-11, 22:55
I appreciate his work but as i said i had issues with playback using my wd blue hd and this was resolved by using the ur image ive no idea why this was the case as they have the same recording path etc

im using digi's image now and it's fine - hes put a lot aof time and effort into which i and many others really appreciate but it's using the ur teams base so very similar to a ur iamge . What the tm 800hd needs is a complete new image from scratch and theres no better image to use than a vix image !!

mcquaim
23-09-11, 10:30
I agree with the lads, the Vix image is tops by far and it would be class to have it on the TM800! We can't have everything we want I guess..

WOS image is not bad though, getting there!

silverfox0786
23-09-11, 14:37
TM800 is not openembedded so would need to rewrite image from scratch and that's far too much work for andy to do let alone if he could handle such a big task taking a minimum 6 months

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

mcquaim
23-09-11, 14:52
Ah yeah, I'm not belittling the size of the task foxy!

It's like saying I'd love to win the lotto, prob neve happen even if it would be class :-)

silverfox0786
23-09-11, 15:54
oh yeah i know your not

my post was to explain the reasons behind why VIX wont come on board TM800

its far too much work for andy to do all on his own