PDA

View Full Version : Tuner setup

sphinx700
26-05-10, 12:04
Ok going to get my ladders out the weekend to run the cables for the second tuner on my VU+
My question is I have tuner (A) connected to my motorised dish that has a quad LNB, what I want to do is connect tuner (B) to a small fixed dish and the main dish using a diseqc switch but the dish is driven by tuner (A)
Now what I want to do is configure tuner (B) to 28.5 East on the fixed dish and all other satellites to the quad LNB on the main dish, Now on Enigma 1 you could do this under none standard configuration is this possible on E2

Sicilian
26-05-10, 12:08
See this screenshot http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=381

The receiver will automatically choose which dish to use.

sphinx700
26-05-10, 12:32
Not sure I made it clear the diseqc switch is so I can have two feeds from the main dish and one feed from small dish, but to do this the mode needs to be set to Diseqc A/B where you can set port A to 28 and port B needs to be set to all other satellites but I can’t see how to do this , on E1 you could select none standard configuration

bob1
26-05-10, 17:16
Can you explain what your trying to do with a bit more detail, as i understand it you have a motorized dish and a fixed dish ,it sounds like you want to combine the fixed dish and the motorized to one tuner and have the motorized one to the other tuner, i this correct:confused:.

sphinx700
26-05-10, 19:27
Yes that is correct it just how to configure Port B on the switch so that it works with the other satellite, when the dish is moved by the tuner connected to the motor

bob1
26-05-10, 20:35
You need to be in advanced mode this is what you need,

To set up the single dish you need to be in advanced mode, select 28e select lnb1 ,change diseqc mode to 1.0 change committed diseqc command to AA.
This will make port A on your switch use the fixed dish

In advanced mode select a satellite 13e for example ,then select lnb2 ,change diseqc mode to 1.2, change committed diseqc command to AB, set up other options longitude and latitude ,use usals ,yes.
This will make port b on the switch use the motorized dish, you will need to go through the satellites you want, scroll through them and select lnb2 for all of them ,the other options will stay the same.

Save the settings and it should work, fingers crossed:D.

sphinx700
26-05-10, 20:47
Many thanks will give it ago at the weekend and let you know if all works ok