PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Out Of The Box

Chunkey
24-03-10, 15:48
When my VU+ arrives (hopefully sometime this week) I will be doing a DIY dish installation. My question is will the receiver work 'straight out of the box' to help ensure correct dish alignment.

Very new to the sat scene but a competent DIY'er so please be patient.

Thanks in advance

Chunkey

Monty
24-03-10, 16:02
I can't rally tell you if the box with original image will have services and stuff ready to use and I'm sure you will soon have someone giving you good dvice soon butt, if it dosent already have whats needed, it will be very easy for you to download and install settings which will have everything you need to select a sat, and channel to align your dish

Monty
24-03-10, 16:04
I should add, take a look in Enigma 2 Settings on this forum ;)

Twigman
24-03-10, 17:48
I'll be following this topic closely as I'm doing exactly the same.
My Vu+ box is pre-ordered and I have a pile of bits (dish/motor/lnb/cable/f-connectors/TK brackets/V bolts etc etc) in the garage.....
The dish will go up over Easter (weather permitting) whether the box arrives or not, then I'm planning to do the final alignment when the box arrives.
Would love to see another motorised linux sat n00b's experiences.

deano41
24-03-10, 19:16
The same here hope the weather does hold out over easter cos i'm the same as you and will be asking lots of questions real soon..

Sicilian
24-03-10, 19:22
Don't worry guys, its worth the wait :)

The receiver would work straight out of the box, but i'd recommend flashing with latest OpenPLi. Regards settings/bouquets checkout the Enigma2 settings here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/enigma-2-settings/

grtmoby
24-03-10, 23:33
i'd say, give it some time and go through the manual can be found http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/vu-specific-tools/vu-duo-manual-english/ so when you get your boxes you have a nice base to build upon....

Congratulations in advance.

bobonthejob
25-03-10, 10:29
I concur, This was my first ever box too...

Was pretty sceptical and was not sure what i would need to do.

I am running Open PLi and find it very stable, i have a 80cm motorised setup with a technomate 2600 motor - Twin output LNB.

Channels wont be on the box ready, just upload the settings as Sic says above. All tools available in the tools section.

Any probs... Give us a shout.!