PDA

View Full Version : Vix2.0 Motorised dish & sky dish problems (Tuner settings)

killz187
04-03-11, 23:15
Hope some one can help me with my tuner settings, Im using Vix2.0 and my tuner settings are as follows
Tuner A (for motorised dish)
Config -Simple
Mode -Posisitioner
Long - Set
Lat - Set

Tuner B (For fixed sky dish)
Config -Advanced (even tried simple
Satellite -Astra (28.2E)

The problem im having is my motorised dish is not moving if im wathing something on 28.2E.If im watching lets say Sky Italia on (13E) and go back and watch BBC One its fine when i want to move the motor to lets say (16E) it wont move i have to go to
(13E) first then go to 16E for it to move.Is it meant to work like that.For me to move the dish to another satellite i have to go back to the last Sat i had left it at.I have tried swapping the cables and using tuner A as fixed and tuner B for motorised its still the same problem.
Hope i have explained it easy for you guys thanks.

basilyoung
04-03-11, 23:20
you need tuner B to control your dish,..ans static dish on 28 east, tuner A is your defualt tuner for recording

baz

basilyoung
04-03-11, 23:24
just re read your post...my first post still stands, but in advanced options...there is an option to use "increased voltage"...set that to yes, and that might help, I did have a motor that would only move east, but that was a faulty motor

killz187
04-03-11, 23:50
just re read your post...my first post still stands, but in advanced options...there is an option to use "increased voltage"...set that to yes, and that might help, I did have a motor that would only move east, but that was a faulty motor

Advance option is on my Tuner for fixed dish so i did try that but it did not help.What is your set up like if you dont mind me asking?If lets say you had left your motorised dish on Hotbird (13.E) and you went to watch something on Astra (28.3E) fixed dish but then decide to go to (0.8W) will your motorised dish move straight to (0.8W).

basilyoung
05-03-11, 00:16
My dish setup, is quite advanced,

on my VU+ Tuner A is currently setup as a 4/1 DiSEqC ( 4 dishes, 2 static, 2 motorized )
Tuner B is set to my Channel Master 1.2 36v dish, controlled by a V box

I do have a DiSEqC 1.2 dish, but currently thats in use on another unit

but in answer to your question
if your motorized dish is on Tuner B, and you wanted a recording 28 east it would by default use tuner A, if you select another channel on 28 east, tuner B would move to 28 east, if a different transponder was needed,
even if both dishes were on 28 east, the motorized tuner, ( TUNER B ) would or should move to the required sat
if the staic dish is set to tuner B, and motorized set to Tuner A, providing you are NOT recording, and you motor/static tuners are set up correctly, the dish would still move to the required sat

my recomendation is,
set tuner A in advanced, to single sat ( 28 east )
Tuner B to either simple and motorized, or advanced, with the extra voltage option set to yes,
set up USALs
and make sure that the various sats you require are added to the advanced set up

baz

killz187
05-03-11, 02:12
Sorry im getting a bit lost ,how do i add the sat i require in advanced set up?I cant remember what i don earlier on but it asked me - Delete no more configured satellite.What do i press?

basilyoung
05-03-11, 02:15
no to all
baz

killz187
05-03-11, 21:23
Tried every setting i can think of today but still no luck,will try and reflash the box and give it a go tommorow.