PDA

View Full Version : JSC Viaccess 4 Card

lammy1961
04-03-11, 13:32
Will a JSC Viaccess 4 Card update in a VU + Duo (VIX 2.0 Image) running CCcam 2.1.4 ?
When I first bought the card I had to send it back to the supplier to activate it in a Technomate, as my Eagle Linux receiver wouldent carry out the task.
The reason I'm asking now is because my subscription is due for renewal, and I'm not wanting to go through the same rigmarole as before.

Thanks in advance.

steford
04-03-11, 21:34
A local sat shop might pop it into one of their receivers and CAM for you if not.

Sicilian
05-03-11, 11:06
Should be fine with CCcam2.1.4

lammy1961
05-03-11, 11:16
Thank Sic, but I have been told that viaccess 4 cards will not update/upgrade in VU DUO.........I am using CCcam 2.1.4......I hope your right and I have been misinformed.

Can any other members draw from a similar experience of this situation....

Thanks.

Larry-G
05-03-11, 11:21
to be honest and i know i'm a little off topic but you can never beat having a actual CAM unit, when it come to these things. softcams can do just about every thing but thankfully ( in my opinion ) there are still things that only a genuine hardware based CAM unit can do.

Sicilian
05-03-11, 11:27
Thank Sic, but I have been told that viaccess 4 cards will not update/upgrade in VU DUO.........I am using CCcam 2.1.4......I hope your right and I have been misinformed.

Can any other members draw from a similar experience of this situation....

Thanks.

mmm, just re-read your post. Noticed the 4 Viaccess 4. not sure now lol. Although I've seen Viaccess cards work fine.

lammy1961
05-03-11, 11:32
Thanks pheonix and Sic......Can you recomend a CAM unit that will work with the JSC viaccess 4 card ?
I could instead of renewing, buy an Irdeto type JSC card.......Would this work ?

jjp2701
05-03-11, 11:44
hi lammy just upgrade your card, and leave it in the duo, and see what happens, if it doesnt activate, then just pop into a local sat storer near u and say could u do me a favour, could u pop this into a box and see if it will update, thanks, thats all u need to do m8

lammy1961
05-03-11, 11:51
I'll do that JJP.....Thanks.

Sicilian
05-03-11, 11:54
I'd personally try it in Duo first. Should automatically update. If not but a viaccess cam on fleabay around 30 quid.

Larry-G
05-03-11, 11:56
the older TM's such as the Technomate1500Ci can activate these cards although it's a bit of a stretch to buy a receiver just to activate the card.

Sicilian
05-03-11, 11:59
Tbh I've just done some googling around and by all accounts it should activate, even if you use latest CCcam 2.2.1.

Larry-G
05-03-11, 12:00
I'd personally try it in Duo first. Should automatically update. If not but a viaccess cam on fleabay around 30 quid.

from what iv'e read if you do manage to activate the card with a softcam it will work for a few months then die, it needs a physical cam in order to properly activate the card.

lammy1961
05-03-11, 12:00
I hope so....I'll give it a try, thanks for all the help.
This card was updated in April 2010 in a Technomate ( I was using an Eagle Linux box, back then)
When I got my VU Duo in July, I just put the JSC card in it and It's worked fine since then.....No problems at all.
I just asked the card supplier about a Official Smit Viaccess Cam (he sells them)
This was his reply.

Can’t guarantee that it will work but you can try it if it does not update you can send the card to us and we will update for you.

I can't win.

Sicilian
05-03-11, 12:04
from what iv'e read if you do manage to activate the card with a softcam it will work for a few months then die, it needs a physical cam in order to properly activate the card.

Yes just read that too.

I hope so....I'll give it a try, thanks for all the help.

Buy a cheap viaccess cam off fleabay.

Larry-G
05-03-11, 12:04
if you do go for a physical cam module make sure it's the "SMIT" made cam. some of the earlier versions may not work.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMIT-Viaccess-Cam-/260501526263?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item3ca719d6f7

lammy1961
05-03-11, 12:29
This is who I bought the card from, and he said it might not work......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VIACCESS-CAM-USE-ART-ABsat-JAZEERA-MORE-NEW-/200334961799?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item2ea4e4ec87

I should maybe buy it quoting all the sales pitch in his advert., if it don't work just ask for a refund....Simples.

Viaccess Cam is used for Encrypted Official Viewing Card

This cam is the latest version with the serial number starts with HHFB

The Viaccess Cam will work with
BIS TV (France)
MAX TV (Romania)
Arabesque ART (Middle East)
Al-Jazeera (Middle East)
TPS (France)
Multi Channel Television (MCT)
Canalsat (France)
AbSat (France)
Viasat (Sweden)
Canal Digitaal (Netherlands)
And the list goes on................
Please make sure your card support this encryption method before buying as we cannot be held responsible. Broadcasters do change their encryption so make sure.
This cam is compatible with
Viaccess 1, 2, 3 & 4.0 encryption

Requirement

Digital Receiver with 1 (one) spare Common Interface (CI) slot

Technical Specification
Product Description : PCMCIA type II - Eurocam
Firmware : 1.3.0
Software : 1.1.1
DVB Number : 50463
Based on the Embedded 32-bit CPU (ARM7TDMI)
Adopting advanced 0.18-micron technology
Flash memory : 16 Mbits
Standards : DVB-CI / PCMCIA
Made by SMiT
Compatible with : Viaccess
Smart Card Interface: ISO7816

Larry-G
05-03-11, 12:40
you would think they guy selling the cards would know which cam would activate it. if i thought my original black v1 viaccess cam would work i'd gladly send it to you.

lammy1961
05-03-11, 13:29
Thank you, pheonix, I think we live in the same part of the world.

Larry-G
05-03-11, 14:25
Thank you, pheonix, I think we live in the same part of the world.

i'm just out side durham city mate.

plusser
05-03-11, 20:27
I'd guess "yes" to activate, "no" to updating rights every month - my Via 4 card has to go back in the cam once a month to get the tiers.

HTH
+er