PDA

View Full Version : New VU+ Duo owner

bally12345
03-03-11, 21:00
Hi Guys got Vix image 2.0 installed, done all the updates 89 in total installed softcam not sure if im allowed to mention which one but anyway cut a long story shrot my rotuer goes crazy as soon as the box is turned on and basically prevents internet and network activity.

Whats going on should I use 1.3 image? Tried doing factory reset that didnt work.

punisher
03-03-11, 21:22
thats strange :| what router you got and are you connecting direct via ethernet? also if you go to Menu/Setup/Network/Adapter settings, what do you have there as your settings

bally12345
03-03-11, 21:28
Linksys WRT54GS with DD-WRT using Belkin home plugs from router to a linksys switch to the set to box. Never had problem with any other devices just this one. Might reinstall fresh from USB/

punisher
03-03-11, 21:34
i was gonna say try a reflash cuz thats a strange issue

bally12345
03-03-11, 21:50
Where do I get VIX 2.0.3 from?

punisher
03-03-11, 21:52
install 2.0 and then before you do anything else do the online software updates and you should get around 88 or 89 updates, reboot and then you should be on 2.0.3

bally12345
03-03-11, 22:09
Back in 20mins or so can I ask where I can get mgcamd130d from? If not remove the request.

punisher
03-03-11, 22:19
there mgcamd 1.35a which you can get from here

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

bally12345
03-03-11, 22:21
89 packages installed just doing reboot now but so far so good, just going to try initilize hdd now. Then install mgcam then channel lists.

bally12345
03-03-11, 22:26
Error message:

Initializing storage device
Error: or by label, using -L label or by uuid,
using -U uuid .
Other options: [-nfFrsvw] [-o options] [-p
passwordfd].
For many more details, say man 8 mount .

:confused:

punisher
03-03-11, 22:27
kool kool just to let ya know to install the cam .. put the .ipk file in /tmp folder and then go to IPK Installer which is in Menu/Setup/VIX/IPK Installer. then reboot and to start the cam you go to Menu/Setup/Softcam /CI/ Softcam Manager and Start mgcamd and then autostart mgcamd. also inorder for mgcamd to work you need to put 2 files in etc/keys, you need mg_cfg and newcamd.list

punisher
03-03-11, 22:28
go into device manager and mount the hdd first to media/hdd and then try initializing it ...

bally12345
03-03-11, 22:36
Rebooting, next step is to download channel list if hard drive mount worked

bally12345
03-03-11, 22:45
Everytime I reboot I have to restart cam manually? Also audio description is on by default, how do you change this?

bassethound
03-03-11, 22:50
in softcam setup make sure you press blue button Enable Startup

bally12345
03-03-11, 22:50
Mgcam has been added to auto start but doesnt seem to work. A lot of glitching too, I know on my TM800HD I have mgcamd130d installed and dont get any glitching with that... How do you know when hdd has initialized?

punisher
03-03-11, 22:58
have u tried using cccam, cuz of the rules i cant go into much detail but cccam 2.2.1 works really well for me on the duo if the hdd is mounted correctly and initialised you should be able to record and stuff

bally12345
03-03-11, 23:01
Rebooted and looks as though its working now but glitching galore. HDD seems to be initialized to epg can be download to hdd now instead of flash. Still got audio description as default though.

bally12345
03-03-11, 23:03
have u tried using cccam, cuz of the rules i cant go into much detail but cccam 2.2.1 works really well for me on the duo if the hdd is mounted correctly and initialised you should be able to record and stuff

Totally forgot about trying to record/timeshift etc. I use mgcamd but for some reason on this box its seems to be very glitchy :(

punisher
03-03-11, 23:04
if you go to menu/setup/auto language selection and audio language selection 1 to english, Prefer AC3 to Yes, Prefer audio stream stored by service to no and you should be set

punisher
03-03-11, 23:04
yeh i used to use it on another box too but cccam 2.2.1 works best for me on this so just give it a try

bally12345
03-03-11, 23:11
Cool thats enough testing for tonight... However I am curious to how to go straight to the favourites list or is a matter of just pressing up or down then pressing blue?

punisher
03-03-11, 23:13
if you press up or down and then channel up or channel down to scroll through your favorites

bally12345
03-03-11, 23:22
WTH! Just enabled auto standby rebooted and screwed up my network again only way to stop it is by powering off from the back, not bothered to turn on again but somethings not right...

punisher
03-03-11, 23:53
thats strange, im not using homeplugs so cant really tell ya, can you not get a direct feed from your router without using homeplugs?

basilyoung
04-03-11, 00:01
think the problem might be DHCP either on the router, or unit

baz

bally12345
04-03-11, 10:55
Certainly not my router or my homeplugs, something on the image is causing a problem. Cant get direct connection to router. Its almost like its pings my router to death and everything just stops working. Nothing to do with the homeplugs.

bassethound
04-03-11, 11:00
I would try a couple of different images to see if the box is having the same problem with them so you can narrow down the problem

digidude
04-03-11, 16:46
deffo something up with this. i had a Duo delivered to me a couple of days after bally, and am having exactly the same issues, except, my Duo is wired directly to my router

it was fine, untill i installed mgcamd and restarted

as bally has described, it sends the whole network nuts, flooding the whole network with multiple commands that somehow affect every connected device, it stops all net traffic in both directions, untill the router totally crashes

im using Vix 2.0, updated online before doing anything. i got everything setup as i wanted it, step by step, so that if an issue did arise, id know what i did that caused it. ive installed a HDD, sorted that out, then VIX, then updated, then initialised and mounted hdd, then installed a 16G micro USB for silent timeshift, picons, epg, etc, then sorted out my dish feeds, installed mgcamd, restarted, installed the config, restarted, and lost ALL my network for the last 5 hours trying to work out what was happening

ive just disconnected the duo and restarted all the network, and im online again

if i reconnect the Duo, my whole network goes down

Im going away for the weekend, so wont be able to look inot this, mgcamd is the only cam ill have installed on it, as cccam is a security risk (imo) so if i cant get this sorted on monday, itll be for sale on tuesday

punisher
04-03-11, 16:53
wow, im using mgcamd and cccam, disabled cccam so just mgcamd 1.35a and mine works fine. you got any other plugins installed or juts a new flash? u using dhcp or manually assigned IP? have u tried directly off ur modem and bypass the router is that is possible?

digidude
04-03-11, 17:01
my router is a modem / router in one supplied by my isp. ive even disconnected everything except the dup, and then restarted everything, and as soon as mgcamd starts, it goes nuts.

its a brand new flash, i powered up, initialised HDD, flashed Vix 2.0, then updated online, initialised USB and downloaded few picons and channel list, sorted out motorised and fixed dish, tested everything on FTA, and was starting to get used to things. donwloaded mgcamd from the link supplied, copied my mgcam config and newcamd.list files in, restarted

and thats when the fight started

its all DCHP

punisher
04-03-11, 17:09
hmm bummer, have u tried another mg_cfg file.. i just copied one off google and it works fine for me if you wana try it let me know ...

digidude
04-03-11, 17:18
yeh give it an upload m8, or you want to PM it to me, but, the config i copied over, is fine on EVERY other linux box i have, all running mgcamd

punisher
04-03-11, 17:35
im not sure mate, give it a twirl and see what it does, like i said im using mgcamd too and not having a problem here ... got a belkin play router and things workin ok

digidude
04-03-11, 17:39
ive just disabled mgcamd, reconnected and restarted everything, and everything (except my sub channels) is working perfectly, so its deffo an mgcamd issue somewhere

punisher
04-03-11, 17:40
do have any keep alive commands or incoming port commands on ur newcamd.list? u are using 1.35a .. i cant remember lol

mickbrush
04-03-11, 17:47
Lol selling it already digidude you only just got it. I dont think you are one to give up that easy or the Tm800 would have been gone a long time ago. mgcam working fine for me only cam im strugling with is Oscam I just cant get my head round it on this box.

digidude
04-03-11, 17:51
this is for the kids telly m8, so it HAS to work, without messing up the rest of the house

ive put the new mgcam config in, and restarting now

punisher
04-03-11, 17:52
which version u using?

digidude
04-03-11, 18:23
so far so good m8, ill leave it on discovery HD for a bit, and keep my fingers crossed

you may have saved this duo from a fate doomed by ebay

lol

punisher
04-03-11, 18:27
lol allow fleabay send it myway lol but glad u got it working ... fingers crossed it shud be arite as i said i use mgcamd and it works fine here, give u a new working toy :p

by the way did it end up being the config file ...

digidude
04-03-11, 18:31
i think so m8, i renamed my original one, and copied the one in the link over, restarted everything, and so far, my network hasnt gone scatty

punisher
04-03-11, 19:03
wo0ot wo0ot :fart2: gonna need to tell bally to do try the same and see if it sorts it out for him too

digidude
04-03-11, 19:14
yeh, looks like thats sorted it m8.

i have ensured ive posted the link where bally will see it ;)

now, if only i could get the epg working as good as i have it on my other HD boxes, ill be happy with it ;)

punisher
04-03-11, 19:15
wat u using for epg ang where u storing it? also did u find the differences between the 2 config files?

mickbrush
04-03-11, 19:20
I am also interesed in the difference between the configs.

digidude
04-03-11, 19:23
very little differences between the filesm do you want me to upload the 2 for you to have a look at?

it looks like its trying to write a log file to an external source that dont exist, and this is whats causing the problem

whats best to use for EPG? there seems to be so many conflicting options, but, i want to store it on USB for silent operation. ive also set timeshift recording to the rear 16Gb usb, i hate hearing fans and disks spinning in the corner of the room (where theres 4 sat receivers, a laptop, xbox 360, PS3 and god knows what else, lol)

punisher
04-03-11, 19:25
yeh stick em up ill check em out

digidude
04-03-11, 19:57
both files are zipped up, and uploaded to the link below. ill delete this file in a few days time, but its there for if you want to look

http://******************.co.uk/blue/mg-cfg.x2-compare.zip

punisher
04-03-11, 20:30
ill download em and check em out when i get home. cheers mate

punisher
04-03-11, 21:21
this is the only thing i can see that is different, as its in the cfg file i gave u but not in the original

# EMM messages
# 00 don't show any EMMs (default)
# 01 show only valid EMMs
# 02 show valid and bad EMMs with complete data display
M: { 01 }

that cant really be the difference can it?

bassethound
04-03-11, 21:49
This thread is starting to edge to near to what we allow to talk about on the site please dont stray any more off topic!!!!

digidude
04-03-11, 21:56
it tries logging to an external IP if you look further down the file m8

bally12345
04-03-11, 22:01
Looks like got a fix, thanks punisher and digidude... Gonna test now that corries finished and I can use the TV lol

punisher
04-03-11, 22:08
sorry basset, was just tryna figure out why it wouldnt work lol will steer left :p yeh i noticed the ip but no ideas where or what lol aslong as it works im kool wiv it :p

bally12345
04-03-11, 22:15
Ok seems to be working fine now, hasnt screwed up my network yet lol... However one small issue... Cam doesnt auto restart after rebooting enigma... Have to manually restart to get it going.

punisher
04-03-11, 22:15
have you set it to auto start in softcam manager?

bally12345
04-03-11, 22:35
have you set it to auto start in softcam manager?

Yup set to auto start

punisher
04-03-11, 22:47
hmm not sure ... i wonder if digi is having the same issue ... try disabling auto start, reboot and then auto start it again and then reboot and see if that works

digidude
05-03-11, 09:22
right, i 'think' i know whats happening here.

all was fine for about 40 mins, then, suddenly, my internet crashed while i was working on the laptop, so this time, instead of messing round trying to restart everything from the computer etc, i went straight to the Duo, and the lights on the ethernet socket were in full on seizure inducing flicker mode

pulled the plug, and my network instantly recovered, plugged the duo back in, BANG, network crashed. turned off the power to the duo, and restarted, and it was all fine again, for ~ 40 mins

ive not had a good look through the mgcam config files yet, and wont have time to untill monday as just about to go away for the weekend, but, i have also auto mounted a 64M swap file on the rear usb, now i think mgcamd is logging to memory, then when the memory gets full, it tried dumping it to an IP stored in the config, and i think its sending a ping to that IP in preperation to send the log file, and, as the IP aint responding, its sending another one. as this is all on the internal network, its possibly happening at the full capacity of your network gear, which will be much greater than the actual internet connection, which is why everything gets swamped and stops working

like you are DDos'ing yourself from within your own network

I'll get to the bottom of this by tuesday night

bally12345
05-03-11, 13:33
hmm not sure ... i wonder if digi is having the same issue ... try disabling auto start, reboot and then auto start it again and then reboot and see if that works

Havent had a chance to try it out but will test later.

bally12345
05-03-11, 23:04

Tried exactly as instructed and auto started first time but the after reboot again just stuck on splash page until I start cam. Also loads of glitching with this version mgcam is there not an install for older version?

punisher
05-03-11, 23:26
no i changed to cccam as i prefer that but not tried any other version, wasnt sure if it would work with vix

digidude
06-03-11, 18:47
OK, i think ive sorted it

the config was set to log stuff, and also set to debug EVERYTHING possible while mgcamd was running

ive edited the file, and restarted, so will know in about 40 mins if its worked or not :)

digidude
06-03-11, 19:49
well, its been running for about an hour now, so passed the usual 40 min 'crash barrier' lol so looks like this has solved it

digidude
06-03-11, 21:11
tried to edit the last post, but cant, but im confident enough to say that i think ive sorted it, its been 2 and half hours, and running smoothly

:)

punisher
06-03-11, 21:58
Nice one digi, u couldnt send a copy over could ya and make a sticky of it :p

bally12345
06-03-11, 22:46
Well I have just got back on the net after about 40min lol had to turn absolutly everything off which is PITA but oh well. Looks like digidude has fixed it so will try updating config now.

bally12345
07-03-11, 00:11
Disabled logs completely and working fine now and also cam auto starts too.

digidude
07-03-11, 08:59
the options in the file that need changing are D and L, i wont list anything from the actual config here, but you want

D: { 00 }

L: { 00 }

this has been running fine since yesterday, so im now happy with it :)

punisher
07-03-11, 10:37
Cheers digi, wen i get home ill have a look and change