PDA

View Full Version : told ya i'd be back

canthackit
03-03-11, 18:38
wotchya:eek:

well got my mac:rolleyes: said i'd have problems and got them in abundance.

but here's a couple of things i need help with on the sat side, i've got filezilla up and running but i can't get to edit the files, can someone tell me how i set up a text editor.

and the other thing for the time being, is there a bouquet editor for mac i've tried dreamboxedit 3.06 but that's not compatable.

that'll do for the time being:D

thanks & regards: canthackit

dymebox
03-03-11, 21:41
Google for iDreamX.

Does everything I need for my VU+ Duo ;)

Does FTP too so need for a separate app.

silverfox0786
04-03-11, 01:50
why google

its right here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?260-iDreamX-2.0-For-Mac-users-tool-for-VU-amp-Dreamboxes-with-enigma1-or-enigma2

WOIIFTM
04-03-11, 02:26
can someone tell me how i set up a text editor...

Google for Smultron 3.5.1 which is freeware. Later version is shareware. It does the trick for me and is great on Linux files.

canthackit
04-03-11, 07:35
what a lovely load of stuff.

my thanks to you all.

regards: canthackit

dymebox
04-03-11, 17:05
TextWrangler is also worth a look.

pooface
07-03-11, 10:06
can confirm smultron is a great text editor for linux files. Also, for ftp, I quite like transmit...

canthackit
09-03-11, 18:54
guy's been having a problem with this iDreamX, managed to download and install version 2.0.0.9b, but then upon reopening the program it asks about the updated version 2.6.0.0b click on update and it just sits there and never finds it.

unfortunate thing is that every time i open idreamx it ask if i want to update.

suggestions please.

regards: canthackit

canthackit
09-03-11, 19:09
sorry guy's answered my own question :D

done a bit of googleing and found the authors download site, installed v2.6.0.0b super fast and running really well;)

regards: tryingtogetused2machackit :D

Larry-G
09-03-11, 19:10
sorry guy's answered my own question :D

done a bit of googleing and found the authors download site, installed v2.6.0.0b super fast and running really well;)

regards: tryingtogetused2machackit :D

any chance you can post up a link to the latest version and or the authors site so that other users with a mac can find and use the same app ?
thanks.

EDIT.
disregard that. linked to the latest version my self.

11-05-11, 16:10

well got my mac:rolleyes: said i'd have problems and got them in abundance.

but here's a couple of things i need help with on the sat side, i've got filezilla up and running but i can't get to edit the files, can someone tell me how i set up a text editor.

and the other thing for the time being, is there a bouquet editor for mac i've tried dreamboxedit 3.06 but that's not compatable.

that'll do for the time being:D

thanks & regards: canthackit

I use vi text editor within terminal to edit my files. But you need to know how to use it. Google for Vi cheat sheet. That will help.