PDA

View Full Version : EPG Recording not working.

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 14:45
Need to know how to record in the epg programme guide, at the moment i select a programme to record it is then highlighted in red when the programme starts it automaticaly switches to that channel i have selected to record regardless of what i am watching,and then it goes into timers where it says it is waiting to start.

mcquaim
03-03-11, 14:51
I assume you have a Vu Duo? What is your tuner config?

It should not switch your channel if you have both tuners set up correctly!

Mine is:
Tuner A: Simple, Single, Astra 28.2
Tuner B: Simple, Single, Astra 28.2

I have two cables coming in from my LNB though. If you only have one then perhaps you don't have tuner B set up?

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 14:57
Just checked A = positioner/usals & B = second cable of motorized lnb tuner A.

mcquaim
03-03-11, 15:52
Do you have two dishes connected to your Vu?

I'm not sure on the setup of motorised dishes, beyond my knowledge I'm afraid. Some of the experts might be able to shed some light on this one!

Good luck with it man!

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 16:12
One dish twin lnb A = positioner/usals B = equal to Tuner A, and still the same, changes channel to what ever you have set to record and goes into timers waiting to record but dont record.

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 20:40
Done a rescan on tuner B 28.2e but still not recording, get message = in order to record a time , tv was switched to the recording service,but still does not record, it stays in timer wating. Looked through the forum but cound not find anything to match what is happing.

punisher
03-03-11, 20:45
do you have a motorized dish and a standalone dish, or just a motorized dish?

what have you set tuner B as in Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Tuner Configuration?

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 20:47
Motorized dish, tuner A = positioner/usals, B = equal to tuner A.

punisher
03-03-11, 21:04
hmm try swapping them around, tuner A = B and tuner B as Positioner/usals ...

punisher
03-03-11, 21:21
im tryna read up as i dont have a motorised dish, and i cant find much info, seems what i told you above might be incorrect as it seems Tuner A should be used for motorised settings but tuner B is what i am not sure about

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 22:00
Still no joy, what do you have in recording paths, ?.

punisher
03-03-11, 22:04
Default Movie Location: /hdd/movie/
Timeshift Location: /media/hdd/

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 22:08
What you got for timer record ? & instant record, as i have 4 & not 2.

punisher
03-03-11, 22:21
Timer Record Location: <Default movie location>
Instant Record Location: <Default movie location>

these are the values i have so all in all my recording paths looks like this

Default Movie Location: /hdd/movie/
Timer Record Location: <Default movie location>
Instant Record Location: <Default movie location>
Timeshift Location: /media/hdd/

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 22:26
Got the same, thought it may have something to do in the recording path, cant find anybody in the forum who has had the same problem.

punisher
03-03-11, 22:29
its just the tuner settings thats not setup properly, ill see if i can get silver or one of the others who have a motorised dish to help out as i dont have one myself. just to confirm you have 2 feeds going into your duo ... one from the motor and one directly from the dual lnb?

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 22:32
Yes same setup, 3rd day and still cant solve problem, thanks for trying .

punisher
03-03-11, 22:33
Not a problem mate we'l get u up an running

bassethound
03-03-11, 22:47
This is how i set up my tuners Tuner A motorized Tuner B fixed dish 28.2

Tuner A Motorized 6578

Tuner B fixed 28.2 6579

clik on images to make them larger

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 22:50
Hi, i only have one motorized dish no fixed dish to receiver.

bassethound
03-03-11, 22:54
Does the motorized dish have a twin lnb fitted?

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 22:59
Yes twin lnb, tuner A = positioner/usals, tuner B = equal to tuner A.

bassethound
03-03-11, 23:01
No thats wrong it should be set to see pic

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 23:03
Tryed that configeration still did not work.

bassethound
03-03-11, 23:06
Thats how i get to record two channels from the same satellite on different transponders

make sure all cables are fitted properly try changing cables around on the duo to see that the lnb is not broken

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 23:13
If lnb is broken and i swop cables around will i be able to tune to another satellite?, or will it stay on 28e, at the moment i can move dish as it is.

bassethound
03-03-11, 23:15
no just trying out all possibility to get you running on both feeds

Blu-ray
03-03-11, 23:20
Got spare lnb will install it tomrrow to see if it fixes the problem, thanks for your help let you know how i get on.

Blu-ray
04-03-11, 13:41
Using vix 2.0.3 on VU+ with a motorized dish twin lnb, my settings are Tuner A = simple/ positioner, Tuner B = equal to tuner A. In recording path i have Time record location/current movielist location, Instant record/current movie location. Picons & EPG are on a USB/STICK, timeshift & movies on HDD. The problem i have is when i go to epg programme to record i high light what i want to record and then press the red record button which then turns the high lighted programme to red, press short green and the programme is in the timer waiting to start. IF say the programme i am recording is on BBC1 and i am watching ITV when it is time to record it switches over to BBC1 and a message comes up ( in order to record a time,tv was switched to the recording service.) No problem timeshifting or recording a programme i am watching or moving the dish to another satellite. Any help at all please as i cannot solve the problem by myself.

bassethound
04-03-11, 14:17
I have moved your post in here so people can read what advise you have all ready revived on trying to sort out your problem

we dont need a second thread asking the same question

Blu-ray
04-03-11, 14:18
Ok thanks for that.

bassethound
04-03-11, 14:19
Did you try using a different lnb?

Blu-ray
04-03-11, 14:39
The chap is just refiting a new one now let you know if it solves the problem.

bassethound
04-03-11, 14:43
Ok Blu-ray if he is still up the ladder just get him to check the cable is not split or cracked and the F connectors are fitted correctly:D

Blu-ray
04-03-11, 15:06
Do you know if the cable that moves the dish goes to tuner A or B.

bassethound
04-03-11, 15:12
It does not matter which way round you set them

as you set up the dish type in the tuner configuration

but i put the motorized cable on Tuner A and the secondary feed/dish on Tuner B

Blu-ray
04-03-11, 15:55
Set up a recording and still the same,checked tuner A & B both are working but still changes channel and dont record.

Blu-ray
04-03-11, 18:44
OK ive put motorized cable on Tuner A, and the secondary feed/dish on Tuner B, Tuner A is setup as = Positioner/Usals, Tuner B = Second Cable Of Motorized LNB Tuner A. Does any body know what the message means ( in order to record a time, tv was switched to the recording service) the only thing i can see is in the recording paths which is time & instant record both set to current movie location.

punisher
04-03-11, 19:41
that message comes up when their is no free tuner and so it has to switch to the recording you are making so you are watching and recording ... it seems somehow the tuners arent configured properly as it should let you record without having to switch to it

Blu-ray
04-03-11, 19:45
Can you check my settings i have set out above.

punisher
04-03-11, 19:48
the problem is i dont have a motorised dish so i cant even try it myself, according to basset those settings are fine, can you post screenshots of your tuner a settings and tuner b settings so we can have a look/

Blu-ray
04-03-11, 19:57
What i have got is a fixed sky dish setup with twin lnb, is there any way i can use one lead from that with my motorized dish, if so do you know what the setup would be.

punisher
04-03-11, 20:28
you would put the fixed sly dish in tuner a and set tuner a to simple - astra 28.2e and tuner b to ur motor settings

Blu-ray
04-03-11, 20:37
Thanks punisher i will give it a go tomorrow it did record ok untill i reflashed the other day, maybe its like its owner needs a flash now and then.

punisher
04-03-11, 20:41
Lol mate im dreadin the day i get a motor dish from installing it to inputin the tuner settings... I aint gta scooby lol

Blu-ray
05-03-11, 16:58
Ok, Now i have tried twin cables from fixed sky dish into VU+ and it still switches to the recording channel no matter what you are watching, and again recording is in timer but still does not record, and message ( in order to record a time, tv was switched to the recording service). Also tried motorized cable to tuner A, and one lead from the sky fixed dish to tuner B, on this setup i can do a instant record on tuner B and also watch something on 13E, but will not do a timed recording. All this has only happened since i reflashed VIX 2.0.3 the only thing else i can think of there is a BIG BUG IN VIX.

Blu-ray
06-03-11, 12:43
Ok Here we go again, VU+ using VIX image now setup is sky fixed dish using only 1 lead from LNB to tuner A, now i am watching BBC1 and i want to record the next programme on BBCI, i press EPG click on the next programme to record turns to red and then short green the programme can be found in timers waiting to record. When its time to record then the message comes again (in order to record a timer tv was switched to the recording service) being on the same transponder and channel why is it trying to switch to the recording service ??????????.

Blu-ray
06-03-11, 14:05
Anyone know how to fix this please.

plusser
06-03-11, 16:04
Anyone know how to fix this please.

Assuming you are using VIX 2.0x then the obvious thing to do is revert to original 5.6.

I think the problem is related to the "failed timer recording" issue (see my other thread) which is prevalent in both latest Vix and Pli images. I went back to original 5.6 and timer is now working fine.
HTH
+er