PDA

View Full Version : My Vu+ Duo often freezes

lmerega
03-03-11, 13:33
Hi all, I tried several solutions before this post.
The problem:
yesterday evening (on of the hundreds time), my clock in standby mode was 11.23 AM.
It freezed at 11.23 :(
I cannot telnet, SSH or access it in any way. I can only shut it down and start it again.
I have tried everything.
1 - I put several images: VTI, VIX and others... same problem
2 - I checked my hardare: the fan is working with no problems
3 - I reformatted my HDD twice

Now I have the latest VTI (in my case more stable than VIX) with 256 Mbyte swap on HDD.
I can only notice it does not use swap so often... so, sometimes, I destroy and recreate it.
I also noticed, after last flashing, that installing CrossEPG could create the problem, so i removed it, but the problem still exists.
Coud it be something still present after removing CrossEPG?
Any other idea?
TIA

punisher
03-03-11, 13:41
have you tried flashing with the original firmware first, format/mount/initializing hdd and mounting usb, and then install VIX/VTI do full online updates and try again. Only reason i say this is maybe the drivers arent installing properly and using the original firmware will make sure this is done properly. worth a try if you have done everything else

lmerega
03-03-11, 13:49
Original drivers are not included in VTI/VIX image?

punisher
03-03-11, 14:31
they are but sometimes for a few members, flashing the original image and then going to their preffered image has rectified their problem. like i said its upto you if you want to try it

lmerega
03-03-11, 15:27
I'll try it dor sure, thx :)
Just a question:
1 - I flash original image on my Vu+ Duo
2 - I flash VTI image over it.
The second flashing won't overwrite original drivers put in with the 1st flash?

Thanks again :)

Sicilian
03-03-11, 15:45
Have you installed any plugins? The ViX image already has crossepg pre-installed.

lmerega
03-03-11, 15:47
The ViX image already has crossepg pre-installed.
Noone. Moreover I do not like CrossEPG, I prefer RytekEPG, so I did not download it neither on VTI images.

Sicilian
03-03-11, 15:58
I would re-flash with ViX2.0 the run software updates. Then run the receiver without installing anything see if you still get freezing. For RyVIX EPG look in the VIX Menu under blue button.

lmerega
03-03-11, 17:02
I would re-flash with ViX2.0 the run software updates. Then run the receiver without installing anything see if you still get freezing. For RyVIX EPG look in the VIX Menu under blue button.
Ok, I'll give a try, thx.

Stanman
04-03-11, 11:04
I would also unplug any drive and USB sticks you have, it sounds unlikely to be a sw issue as you experienceed it on different images. New image and than hook up your drive one at a time until the problem reoccurrs

lmerega
04-03-11, 11:08
No USB stick attached. This evening I'll try the VIX fresh installation... without any plugin.
Do you suggest to reformat my HDD too? (I can do it, I do not have any recordings).
Moreover, I MUST install a SC to use my card reader.
I use MGCamd 1.35a.

pazdl
15-04-11, 10:39
Hi did you have any luck with this?

lmerega
15-04-11, 10:55
Oh, I forgot this thread :)
Yes I solved.
First of all I installed the new VTI (VIX does not workm or better, does not solve).
Then I reformatted my HDD.
Now everything is working fine for more than a month :)
Thx VTI Team :)