PDA

View Full Version : VU+ compared to Spiderbox

linsladeboy
26-05-10, 09:28
I upgraded a few weeks ago from a DM 500S running CCcam 2.1.1 ( it's a C line from an outside server) to a Spidebox 700HD as I wanted high definition viewing but am starting to regret buying it !

Channel zapping is extremely slow compared to my Dreambox especially on HD channels( really annoying at times having to wait for channels to clear) and I have been suffering from quite a lot of freezing and also receiver rebooting itself, although it seems to have improved quite a bit since patch upgrade on Monday.

Does anyone have experience of Spiderbox compared to VU+ ?

Sicilian
26-05-10, 09:31
Sorry I cant compare as I've not tested the Spiderbox personally, but have you tested the latest firmware here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?676-CCcam-Fix-2.13-2.14-and-some-more-options ?

linsladeboy
26-05-10, 10:44
Hi Sicilian, many thanks for quick reply.
Yes, I have updated latest firmware and it seems receiver is more stable.
Clearing of most HD channels is still laboriously slow, that's why I was asking about VU+ as I'm thinking of buying one( reviews seem to be much more positive)
By the way, are you really sicilian?- I was born in province of Agrigento many moons ago!

Sicilian
26-05-10, 10:53
Hi Sicilian, many thanks for quick reply.
Yes, I have updated latest firmware and it seems receiver is more stable.
Clearing of most HD channels is still laboriously slow, that's why I was asking about VU+ as I'm thinking of buying one( reviews seem to be much more positive)

This might be down to your shareline. Do other premium channels clear faster? How fast do the SD channels clear compared with your DM500? Remember the receiver needs to communicate with the server and I'm pretty sure the HD channels do request more ECM's.

By the way, are you really sicilian?- I was born in province of Agrigento many moons ago!

I was born in North London lol! Both my parents are from Sicily, not far from Agrigento, bought me up quite traditionally as Italian parents do lol!

Regards the VU+ Duo, you wont go wrong! You could use your Spiderbox as a second/spare receiver. One thing to keep in mind though, if your shareline is slow, it might still be slow on a VU+.

linsladeboy
26-05-10, 11:26
OK, grazie mille!
I think I'll tinker with Spiderbox a bit longer and probably give it to my son for his bedroom once I have enough cash for a VU+.
Ciao cugino!

Stanman
26-05-10, 13:21
I have the VU+ and the HD channels clear about the same as the SD channels and quality is pretty good as well.

Retired member
27-05-10, 14:59
I would say the Spiderbox is slightly slower to clear when connecting to CCcam than the VU+ is, and that's probably not suprising considering the different type of receiver they are, but it's by no means MUCH slower, we are talking milliseconds here, this is test on an HD 9000 connecting to CCcam server running 2.1.4.

Retired member
27-05-10, 14:59
Forgot to add, seems to make no difference here be it SD or HD channels.