PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 5402HD

beltin
02-03-11, 09:43
Hello,

I got my new receiver yesterday. I have inserted an 8GB usb stick in the usb port at the rear and on boot it says PVR ready. However, when I go to pause live TV the OS on the box freezes and I have to manually reboot to get life back in it.

Has anyone had issues like this before? I am using the latest phantom FW. Could it possibly be a dodgy usb stick?

Many thanks.

beltin

Sicilian
02-03-11, 10:11
Have you formatted the stick using the TM5402 menu? I'd personally use a USB HDD, most USB flash drives just dont have enough write speed.

beltin
02-03-11, 10:29
Hi Sicilian,

No I haven't tried using the menu to format. I did think that it may have been a write speed issue, seen the pen drive pace drop slowly whilst copying large files over previously.

I have got an usb HDD that I can attach, but it is only usb powered. Does it need an external power source or should the box be able to power it?

I'm also thinking that this also may be why I'm having the issue of getting the EPG to download when I leave it on the radio channel with the EPG on screen? Unable to write it to the usb stick? Or does the EPG get save to the internal memory on the box?

Many thanks.

Sicilian
02-03-11, 10:32
Try the USB HDD it most likely be ok. I've tried a couple of western digital usb powered 2.5" HDD and they've worked fine. Not sure about the EPG, I've never really had a chance to test.

beltin
02-03-11, 10:42
Okay many thanks. I'll have a play with the PVR features today with external hdd and let you know.

On a side related note, can you create favourite groups on ndfedit or do you need to create them on the box itself and then add channel to it on ndfedit?

Thanks.

Sicilian
02-03-11, 10:51
What you can do is dump your channel list to USB Stick/HDD is data transfer/usb menu, cant remember exactly which. Then open the list with the editor and click on View > Channel list. You can then change the name of the favourites lists by clicking on RENAME middle of the window. Then to add channels to a list click on a channel then right click and choose which list to add to. Hope that makes sense.

beltin
02-03-11, 11:41
Great - thanks! That does make sense although I think I may have corrupted the files deleting satellites through the application as as opposed to through the Techomate itself. Getting error messages. I will try and delete the satellites through the box and then download to usb and try again.

Thanks for your help again and I will let you know how i get on!

Beltin

beltin
02-03-11, 14:03
I tested another disk, it worked better than previous as it did not freeze straight away however, it did after a few minutes. But the external usb is quite old - maybe almost 10year so the I/O wont be up to recording. I was also trying to record an HD channel, which will require a lot of I/O too. Think it's time to purchase a new one.