PDA

View Full Version : Swapfile ?.

Blu-ray
01-03-11, 21:28
Reflashed with vix 2.0.3, do i need to setup a swap file, if so what & how please.

punisher
01-03-11, 21:30
to setup swap file its best to do this on usb, so make sure you have a usb mounted on vu duo, if you have then go to menu/setup/vix/settings/swap manager ... from there you press green to create, choose usb stick and chose size, i have 96mb i think it is, the highest one and thats it. once it is created press yellow to make sure it auto starts and thats it everything should be working. reboot and go back into swap manager just to make sure everything is active and working

Blu-ray
01-03-11, 21:35
What files is swaped to usb stick when this is setup, also what happens if a swap file is not setup.

punisher
01-03-11, 21:45
you should see a file called "swapfile" on root of usb once it is successfully setup. its supposed to improve system performance or something lol im not too sure, someone else will jump and give you the correct answer or in more detail

Blu-ray
01-03-11, 22:30
Ill wait untill i get more info on if i need to install it or not, i dont wont to install swapfile just for the sake of it.

Blu-ray
02-03-11, 12:02
Can anyone give me more info on the above questions please.

azimutas
02-03-11, 12:43
SWAP file just extends your RAM to the disk (file). If you didn't noticed any lack of RAM problem - don't use SWAP.

In general SWAP is good to have. Just in case, but if you use your VU+ just for watching SAT it's most likelly unnessesary.

Blu-ray
02-03-11, 12:48
Thanks i will leave it disabled for now.

Larry-G
02-03-11, 15:44
if your just watching tv then a swap file is not so important if however you like to install many plugins , epg and picons etc. i would advise you to use a swap file. a swap file allows you to free up internal flash ram by running it from another location.