PDA

View Full Version : VuDuo - Vix 2.0 Plugins Menu

mcquaim
01-03-11, 18:57
Hi folks,

When I go to:

Menu -> Plugins -> Download Plugins

I am getting no new Plugins found.

I'm after a new install of Vix 2.0 so perhaps I have to set something first before this list gets updated??

Vix 1.3 used to give me a breakdown of various sections but nothing on 2.0..

Cheers,
mcquaim

dymebox
01-03-11, 19:01
Check you have network connectivity mate. Only reason I can think why you would get that.

punisher
01-03-11, 19:01
have you done a full software update first? go to menu/setup/software manager/software update .. do a full update, reboot, then do another update again to make sure its picked up everything, reboot again and then try and see if you can get plugins?

mcquaim
01-03-11, 20:26
Sorry, I had to pop out for a bit..

When I go to:

Setup -> Software management -> Software Update

I get "Installed or upgraded 0 packages"

I have network connectivity, check in network test.

Still get "No new Plugins found" when searching for Plugins!

irishchris
01-03-11, 20:31
try going into menu>setup>system>network>restart network and try again as there should definitely be some updates in software update if it is a new install of vix 2.0

punisher
01-03-11, 20:40
try what chris said, if that doesnt work, when you go into software management go to manage extensions and see if you can see any plugins there

mcquaim
01-03-11, 20:50
I tried that and still same result. Network is up and running ok I think!

I am only on revision 2.0.0 based on the system info screen so I should be picking up the 3 releases since at least?

punisher
01-03-11, 20:58
ok try this. go into menu/setup/system/network/nameserver settings and input the dns for your provider that you get from this website

http://www.whatismydns.net/united-kingdom/

i.e. im with virginmedia so mine are

Primary DNS: 194.168.4.100
Secondary DNS: 194.168.8.100

save them and reboot and then try again

mcquaim
01-03-11, 21:16
Top marks punisher, I inputted my primary dns and it is now downloading a sh!t load of updates!

I will check the Plugins when this finishes!

Cheers man!

punisher
01-03-11, 21:17
wo0ot wo0ot glad u up and running mate :thumbsup:

mcquaim
01-03-11, 21:59
I was a bit premature punisher 

The updater seems to always have 51 updates to complete! I let it scan, do it's thing, it tells me to reboot, wait for a restart and if I attempt the update straight away it will find 51 packages again.. This normal?

Anyway, back to Plugins.. Now I can see the lists of available Plugins in the download menu 

Problem is that I can't install any of them. It's giving an error on:

wget: bad address 'www.world-of-satellite.com'

Lots of other plugin stuff depending on what I select to install and then:

Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

Any ideas folks?

punisher
01-03-11, 22:25
looks like ur dns isnt resolving properly on the box. who is your isp? also have you entered 1 dns or 2? if you have entered 1 then enter both of them. try rebooting your modem/router and the vu duo too.

mcquaim
01-03-11, 22:37
I had entered the primary only so I will add a second nameserver line for my secondary dns.

My ISP is eircom, in Ireland.

I will try what you have posted and report back! Thanks again for all the support!

punisher
01-03-11, 22:45
the other thing to make sure is that your router might be assigning its own dns servers as mine does to but i disabled that option and chose ISP to automatically chose DNS server address. check that too just to be sure

mcquaim
01-03-11, 22:47
Man, you are on the ball tonight 

It seems to have reset my nameserver settings after the previous reboots so when I reset this it is now installing everything fine!

Top marks punisher!

punisher
01-03-11, 22:51
lol make sure everything installs first and then ill celebrate :zoom:

mcquaim
01-03-11, 23:37
Celebrate away, box fully up to date and installing Plugins like a dream 

Don't see any way to have my router to specify the nameserver though, looks like I will have to set this each time i reboot but that's no big hassle!

Thanks again!!

punisher
01-03-11, 23:40
wo0ot wo0ot glad u up and running again lol its strange though how you have to keep entering them but aslong as it works then glad u sorted though mate :thumbsup:

gazza341
02-03-11, 00:45
Sorry, I had to pop out for a bit..

When I go to:

Setup -> Software management -> Software Update

I get "Installed or upgraded 0 packages"

I have network connectivity, check in network test.

Still get "No new Plugins found" when searching for Plugins!

Just been reading this thread.
I have had my vuduo for a week now, I installed vix 2.0, silverfox settings, cccam 2.1.4, picons, epg, swapfile etc, installed a 2tb hdd - but I have not ran a software update as yet.
What are the benefits of doing this?

Thanks in advance

mcquaim
02-03-11, 00:52
You will benefit from any bug fixes developed by the Vix team!

I wasn't able to download Plugins either until I updated the software! Some nice little Plugins out there too..

gazza341
02-03-11, 00:59
Thanks for that mcquaim.
I am able to download plugins etc, but haven't tried hitting the software update as yet - I have had the odd crash though, so I'll give it a try