PDA

View Full Version : VuDuo - Vix 2.0 Installation Issue

mcquaim
01-03-11, 16:48
Hi folks,

I have finally decided to join you guys on Vix 2.0 but I'm having issues I'm afraid.

Everything seems to have installed fine, image up and running, silverfox bouquet transferred but when I click on a channel it says "Service not available, check tuner configuration".

I have rebooted the box (restart and physically switched off at the back) but this still has not resolved it.

Any ideas?

I'll be reverting back to Vix 1.3 shortly if I dont sort something out in time for the big match later on...

Cheers,
mcquaim

punisher
01-03-11, 17:02
If you go into menu/setup/tuner config i think whathave you set ur tuners up at, just make surethey are point to the right sats and setup properly

Larry-G
01-03-11, 17:05
which channel or is it all of them ?.

mcquaim
01-03-11, 17:11
Hi lads,

I have the tuners set up as before:

Tuner A: Simple, Single, Astra 28.2
Tuner B: Simple, Single, Astra 28.2

All channels are showing me that message!

I'm doing a re-scan now but didn't thank I needed to??

punisher
01-03-11, 17:12
Sometimes u do to fix those kind of errors, not exactly sure why though:rolleyes:

Larry-G
01-03-11, 17:14
no not always but i tend to find that sometimes a box needs a quick rescan before it decides to work as it should.

mcquaim
01-03-11, 17:15
It is currently at 35% and picked up 463 channels so perhaps It has just gotten itself into a bit of a knot...

I will post my results when this finishes!

punisher
01-03-11, 17:16
I think like u said in the other post pheonix maybe the satellite.xml file needs updating or redoing sometimes, maybe gets corrupt

Larry-G
01-03-11, 17:19
I think like u said in the other post pheonix maybe the satellite.xml file needs updating or redoing sometimes, maybe gets corrupt

yeah, thing is frequencies change daily, in most cases the bouquets are only bang upto date for a few hours. so i tend to find it best to load a new satellites.xml to my box at least once a week ( some times more ) and then do a rescan. yes it takes time but this is what we must put up with if were using boxes not supported by the service provider.

mcquaim
01-03-11, 17:29
That's all it took lads, back up and running!!

Thanks for the great help as usual..

Larry-G
01-03-11, 17:30
That's all it took lads, back up and running!!

Thanks for the great help as usual..

no worries. just glad you got your self sorted. and now you know for next time this happens LOL.

punisher
01-03-11, 17:36
glad u up an running mate :p u live n learn :D

mcquaim
01-03-11, 17:40
Vix 3.0, I'm sure that is a while off yet haha!

First impressions is very good, top marks folks!

dymebox
01-03-11, 18:40
Vix 3.0, I'm sure that is a while off yet haha!

First impressions is very good, top marks folks!

Here, here. There must be a way to get them to update automatically!!