PDA

View Full Version : dyndns plugin

hawaythelad
28-02-11, 21:25
how can i install the dyndns plugin in for the the latest vix image.

hawaythelad
28-02-11, 21:34
i have dowloaded the dyndns plugin, so how do i configure it.

punisher
28-02-11, 22:42
if you go into menu/plugins you fill find it in there "dyndns"

hawaythelad
01-03-11, 17:44
do i have to configure this, if the router is set up and portfowarding set up

punisher
01-03-11, 17:46
most router have a DDNS setup in them so you can either configure it in your router, or download the plugin and configure the plugin. yeh just make sure the correct ports are forwarded too and you should be fine

hawaythelad
01-03-11, 18:02
i have my eagle set up, that works great, but the vuoduo is not seen on the eagle. just cant get to boxes on one router to work. the image i am using is VIX Team Vu+ Duo Image v2.0 - 09/02/2011, cccam 2.1.14 any ideas

punisher
01-03-11, 18:07
i dont know what an eagle is lol :o what is it exactly that you are trying to do and get out of the setup?

lammy1961
01-03-11, 18:10
I take it you mean an Eagle Linux box (DreamBox clone)

hawaythelad
01-03-11, 18:33
yes i am trying to set up both linux boxes to cummunicate over a private internal network. the router is seet up, the portwarding is set up, both machines have hosts names set up. so i am trying to get two boxes coneeected to each other over one router.

punisher
01-03-11, 18:35
aaaah ok now i know what you mean. If you go into Mount Manager on your duo, i think its Menu/Setup/Network/Mount Manager can you see your eagle in their when you do a search? and vice versa on your eagle (not sure where it would be on there)

lammy1961
01-03-11, 18:48
To do this mate, both boxes have to run cccam (or other), set them both up as servers and give one box a line from the other one.

hawaythelad
01-03-11, 20:14
how do i do a search

hawaythelad
01-03-11, 20:17
To do this mate, both boxes have to run cccam (or other), set them both up as servers and give one box a line from the other one.

done that the eagle can see the vuo, and it works no a thing on the duo.

do i need to set the swap ,amager up if so how do i do that.

hawaythelad
01-03-11, 20:27
aaaah ok now i know what you mean. If you go into Mount Manager on your duo, i think its Menu/Setup/Network/Mount Manager can you see your eagle in their when you do a search? and vice versa on your eagle (not sure where it would be on there)

do i need to enter my server name and host details into the settings.

punisher
01-03-11, 20:44
you should setup swap on the duo anyway menu/setup/vix/swap manager and then green to create (preferably usb) and then yellow to autostart. hmm if you have server settings setup on your eagle then you will need to enter this when you go to mount eagle in vu duo

hawaythelad
01-03-11, 21:21
diid that but is the swap manager and what dose the mount do.

punisher
01-03-11, 21:27
ok, sorry im getting a bit confused here i re-read your earlier post and you said you want your eagle and vu duo to communicate with eachother. what do you mean by communicate? you want to watch the recorded programmes from one box to another or something else that we are not allowed to talk about?

hawaythelad
02-03-11, 21:00
something else that we are not allowed to talk about, i think its a router problem, can anyone recommend a router that will allow two linux boxes run on one router.

tomthebomb1968
03-03-11, 03:43
Yeah, any router should. I think you need to read a bit on exactly what your trying to do, You do not use dyndns internally. Cant say anymore than that really.

bigup7
03-03-11, 09:30
just for info, if its internal network then you do not need to use any dyndns address, just use the ip so it keeps all traffic internally without going out on the internet

mcquaim
05-03-11, 16:15
Does this dyndns plugin work in the same way as the update client for your pc?

I have entered my details (I think correctly) but it doesn't look like it's syncing my wan ip address with my dyndns account..

Perhaps this plugin is not designed for this purpose?

punisher
05-03-11, 16:17
i had it installed and it did work but i got a router instead that has DDNS built in and it does the job, but installing it on ur pc should do the same job for ya

mcquaim
05-03-11, 16:35
I must not be filling in the settings correctly so!

I don't always leave my pc turned on so I was hoping this plugin was the answer to keep my dyndns account in sync with my wan ip address..

It should work then, I'll keep messing so!

punisher
05-03-11, 17:58
can you not do it via ur router?

mcquaim
05-03-11, 18:37
No can do, my router is a pile of pants bog standard that is supplied by my bb provider! I got the plugin to work thankfully, I just had to restart the box for it to refresh my settings!

I assume it only requires this for the first instance! It would defeat the purpose for a box restart each time to keep these ip's in sync.. I assume this won't be the case!

punisher
05-03-11, 19:12
lol no, just set it to update every 60minutes and that should be more than enough