PDA

View Full Version : Store Rytec EPG on USB or internal HDD?

witchy
28-02-11, 12:54
Is it possible to configure the Rytec EPG plugin to read/store the EPG data on an internal/external drive instead of in flash?

I tinker a lot and I'm sick of having to regrab the EPG every time I reboot.

punisher
28-02-11, 13:46
yeh if you go to Menu/Setup/VIX/Settings/ choose epg location to USB stick and thats it

Sicilian
28-02-11, 13:55
yeh if you go to Menu/Setup/VIX/Settings/ choose epg location to USB stick and thats it

He's using a TM800 ;)

If you reboot holding down standby button, the epg data should get stored on your HDD.

punisher
28-02-11, 14:01
oops dammit, early morning are making me dopey lol

witchy
28-02-11, 14:23

Now all I need is a VU+ box :)

Thanks anyway mate. :)

@ Sicilian, cheers mate, now I just need to hope that the box can see my HDD, lol

It's really hit or miss whether or not the box see's my drives.

digidude
28-02-11, 15:23
@ witchy

put a small flash drive in the rear USB, format it using the receiver. since ive done this, my internal hdd has been detected every time. also, if using the DW-UR image, the epg updater has been edited to look towards the rear usb first. ive also sorted out a download for picons to the rear usb as well

my one stores all the picons on the rear usb, whara i have a 256Mb micro SD card in a tiny reader. this also stores the epg data and runs a 64Mb swap file. im waiting on delivery of some 16Gb micro SD cards, ill then edit some configs so timeshifting is available without spinning up the internal hdd, and plugins and HD skins will also be stored on it, keeping most of the receivers memory free.

a lot of what ive described is available via a ppanel ive created

witchy
28-02-11, 15:46
@ witchy

put a small flash drive in the rear USB, format it using the receiver. since ive done this, my internal hdd has been detected every time. also, if using the DW-UR image, the epg updater has been edited to look towards the rear usb first. ive also sorted out a download for picons to the rear usb as well

my one stores all the picons on the rear usb, whara i have a 256Mb micro SD card in a tiny reader. this also stores the epg data and runs a 64Mb swap file. im waiting on delivery of some 16Gb micro SD cards, ill then edit some configs so timeshifting is available without spinning up the internal hdd, and plugins and HD skins will also be stored on it, keeping most of the receivers memory free.

a lot of what ive described is available via a ppanel ive created

I've removed my own build and I've installed your 25th feb one. The box doesn't see my usb stick on any port nor does it see my internal.

I've got an 8Gb Sandisk Cruizer and a 4Gb mini-SD card in an adapter.

Also, i can't access the PPanels, every time I select it the box thinks for a few seconds then green screens. :(

digidude
28-02-11, 16:02
what skin you using m8? it seems some random people are having this prob, and others are fine??

witchy
28-02-11, 16:08
what skin you using m8? it seems some random people are having this prob, and others are fine??

Until I get the internal HDD working I'm going to stick with the default SD 'Magic' skin.

BTW, on your new image, do you know that Deep Standby doesn't work, it only resets the box. :)

I found an old cheap chinese 8Gb usb stick, that seems to work in the TM800 no problem, so that's good news, atleast I know the USB ports are working fine. :)

I'll do a hard reset and see if it detects my internal drive.....wish me luick......

witchy
28-02-11, 16:15
I've rebooted a few times and it didn't pick up my internal HDD.
The 8Gb stick in the rear is detected and working fine.

When I try to access the PPanel, it has started to ask me for a password - which I didn't set, lol.