PDA

View Full Version : autostandby not working on vix 2.0

fintannl
28-02-11, 11:47
have set up vu+ duo to reboot at 3am each morning and then setup autostandby to go into standby at 3.30am. I save and double check autostandby setting and all looks fine. however when i check in the morning autostandby is not set. i've done this a few times with the same result each time. it seems that the reboot somehow clears the autostandby setting

andyblac
28-02-11, 17:56
have set up vu+ duo to reboot at 3am each morning and then setup autostandby to go into standby at 3.30am. I save and double check autostandby setting and all looks fine. however when i check in the morning autostandby is not set. i've done this a few times with the same result each time. it seems that the reboot somehow clears the autostandby setting

if you are not restarting e2 properly, ie through gui using remote, but instead forcing a reboot using a bash script, then this why, it not a good idea to do a force reboot using scripts, you will loose any settings setup in that session as e2 only save settings if shut-down or restarted using the gui.

also why are you wanting to reboot anyway ?, my duo has not been restart for 3 weeks now. since installing vix 2.0

Larry-G
28-02-11, 18:18
if you are not restarting e2 properly, ie through gui using remote, but instead forcing a reboot using a bash script, then this why, it not a good idea to do a force reboot using scripts, you will loose any settings setup in that session as e2 only save settings if shut-down or restarted using the gui.

also why are you wanting to reboot anyway ?, my duo has not been restart for 3 weeks now. since installing vix 2.0

LOL from reading dozens of posts both here and else where it would seem that many people have the mistaken notion that their box will run better / smoother if they force a reboot every night. this in my opinion is utter pish posh.

Sicilian
28-02-11, 18:26
I haven't re-booted my receiver in weeks lol.

fintannl
28-02-11, 19:57
ok, ok. i hear you. andy the reboot was setup using cron manager and then autostandby was set to put the system into standby after the reboot. this worked in 1.3 but the cron reboot clears the autostandby setting in 2.0. now i know 2.0 is built on pli so i assume this new FEATURE is inherited from the new pli base.

andyblac
02-03-11, 20:48
ok, ok. i hear you. andy the reboot was setup using cron manager and then autostandby was set to put the system into standby after the reboot. this worked in 1.3 but the cron reboot clears the autostandby setting in 2.0. now i know 2.0 is built on pli so i assume this new FEATURE is inherited from the new pli base.

try this setup autostandby as you want it.
do a gui restart.
then setup your crontab

fintannl
02-03-11, 23:56
thanks andy, have set this up tonight. will report back tomorrow

andyblac
04-03-11, 02:34
sneak peak, wrote something might like :)