jusaju
27-02-11, 00:07
Hi
I copy/paste this from other place

Originally Posted by ...

Vu plus soon will have two new models soon...double memory Broadcom CPU ,NEW*

Calling:
Vu + UNO single tuner - pvr...
Vu + Ultimatium Triple Tuner ( tuner can be echange for S-T-C )

Soon i will gave more info........

Well, what can I say?

Any Idea?/have You heard anything about it?

Edit: He is selling also Vu+

punisher
27-02-11, 01:34
Hmmm interesting...

jusaju
27-02-11, 01:55
Yes,
interesting..same word I used when seeing it.

(just copy from box and make google search)

Alias1
27-02-11, 05:59
Well that news to the Australian distributer I asked him and he said it was crap so I went and ordered a et9000 instead of another vu+duo

OldSkulRide
27-02-11, 08:25
This is 100% true info, new boxes will arrive soon. One guy from blackhole team is supplying us with info on some other forum (not english).

Sicilian
27-02-11, 08:28
This is still quite premature as spec's have not been finalised.

I've been in contact with VU+, once spec's are finalised they will be formally announced.

paul362
27-02-11, 09:14
sounds good to me , lets hope the price don't rocket though.

Sicilian
27-02-11, 09:17
sounds good to me , lets hope the price don't rocket though.

The new models are an extension to the range, not replacements. So expect the Uno to be more expensive than the Solo and the Ultimatium to be more expensive than the Duo.

Alanp
27-02-11, 10:39
Very intresting will be keeping an eye on this

digidude
27-02-11, 11:00
this always happens to me, saved for months, just waiting for delivery, and new models announced lol, id have saved for a little longer.

ill have to start saving again now for the ultimate as well :)

Larry-G
27-02-11, 11:06
this always happens to me, saved for months, just waiting for delivery, and new models announced lol, id have saved for a little longer.

tell me about it. every time i start to save for a box i get offered a new shotgun, and i have a real weakness for shotguns LOL. currently have 17 of them.

Stanman
27-02-11, 11:06

That's as bad as me, all that fluffing with the USB tuner, ended up getting the Clark Tech next day this post:(
How well that's how things go, even than I think it would be cheaper to add a USB tune to the CTO than Ultimate might cost, HW sounds about same.

fulabeer
27-02-11, 11:09
Depending on how much more they will be, they may be a hard sell since they got so much right with the solo/duo.

However, people like new things, and the added tuner (with option to change to Terrestrial) may prove useful to some.
Full PiP is about the only thing i would like.

Either way it is good to see VU keep up the momentum...

punisher
27-02-11, 11:14
dammit looks like i better start saving now for the ultimate, gotta get a triple tuner bad boy :p

Sicilian
27-02-11, 11:17
That's as bad as me, all that fluffing with the USB tuner, ended up getting the Clark Tech next day this post:(
How well that's how things go, even than I think it would be cheaper to add a USB tune to the CTO than Ultimate might cost, HW sounds about same.

Don't expect the Ultimatium to be in the same price range as the ET9000 or the Duo ;) Also dont expect it to be released in the next few weeks or anything. The Solo never hit the UK markets until after approx 3-4 months after it was announced. If I'm honest I think (waiting for confirmation from VU+) but the post was a bit premature. It should have been announced by VU+ first.

Stanman
27-02-11, 11:23
Don't expect the Ultimatium to be in the same price range as the ET9000 or the Duo ;) Also dont expect it to be released in the next few weeks or anything. The Solo never hit the UK markets until after approx 3-4 months after it was announced. If I'm honest I think (waiting for confirmation from VU+) but the post was a bit premature. It should have been announced by VU+ first.

Think your right mate, interesting to see what the HW will be, am happy with my purchase, its buyers remorse after the high of buying:D

WOIIFTM
27-02-11, 13:06
The triple sat receiver originates from a forum and is an expression of an ultimate Vu+ receiver.

Google-ing for new Vu+ products shows data on a Clarke-Tech site but the contents is protected by a password. Maybe a hoax but the data is out there. The Google cache of the Clarke-Tech site shows the following:

VU+ Primo

Enigma 2 Linux Receiver
mehr wird noch nicht verraten
Technische Daten
MPEG2/ H.264 Hardware decoding (DVB konform)
OSD Mehrsprachig, Skin - Unterstützung

VU+ Uno

Enigma 2 Linux Receiver
Technische Daten
MPEG2/ H.264 Hardware decoding (DVB konform)
OSD Mehrsprachig, Skin - Unterstützung