PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish problem

ams3521
25-02-11, 21:32
Config:
Flashed: vix2
Fixed dish: Tuner A
Motorised dish: Tuner B

My system works fine apart from one snag that is driving me crackers and I've spent the last day or two reading and reading posts but cannot find an answer, I've reflashed , tried different settings and boquets but still no joy.

The problem is that when i watch a channel on Astra 28.2e using Tuner A (which it is configured for) and then switch to any other satellite via 'TV-Satellites-....then select a sat and channel via the remote' the dish will not move allthough the flashing dish icon flashes as if it is moving.

now if i go back to astra 28.2e and watch a channel on Tuner A, then try the same procedure again i.e 'TV-Satellites...select a sat and channel etc' then the dish will move and find my sat and channel no problem.

I hope that makes sense and I'd greatly appreciate and be thankful of any help forthcoming.

ams3521
25-02-11, 21:40
I meant to add that its not a great problem but is a nuisance if i set my timer to record off another satellite if I'm watching 28.2e as the dish does not move. it means i have to fix my dish on the satellite then switch back to 28.2e , it also rules out multi sat recording.

I've also tried it on usals and positioning and both act the same way.

Sicilian
27-02-11, 09:15
What motor do you have? Your dish should automaticaly turn when switching to a satellite channel other than 28.2.

Try your tuner b settings as below, changing long and latt to suit your area: -

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=382&d=1274390993

ams3521
27-02-11, 21:54
Hi and thanks for the reply.

The motor is a DISEqc 1.2 H-H motor, the exact make and model Number is not mentioned in the booklet, it came part and parcel of a Fortec star motorised dish package.
I've never had trouble with it before and in the past its worked fine on a genuine Dm500s and Openbox s9.

I have tried those settings you suggest along with the advanced settings and its still the same, the problem seems to occur when the tuner switches from A to B, if I just use the motorised dish all is fine but If I'm watching something on Tuner A then switch to another channel on another satellite (Tuner B), it won't move on the first attempt.
I have noticed though that if tuner A is busy recording, Tuner B kicks in and all is fine

basilyoung
27-02-11, 23:38
tuner A needs to be set to "advanced" and "single sat" presumably 28 east

you unit at the moment, thinks that tuner A can access the other sats, so when its recording on tuner A, the other tuner then kicks in

Tuner A is the default tuner, for most actions

baz

Sicilian
28-02-11, 07:00
Check your Tuner A settings: -

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=381&d=1274390993

ams3521
28-02-11, 12:24
Thanks again for the replies.
Tuner A is actually configured like that at the moment Sicilian, I've not tried it yet as 'advanced' like Basil mentions so I'll give that a bash tonight when i get home from work and report back.

ams3521
01-03-11, 01:36
Well I've just about run out of ideas now as I've tried everything Tuner wise and both are definately set up as seperate tuners, I've spent around another 4 or 5 hrs on it again tonight.

I'll try a few different images tomorrow just to see if its a Vix problem, It couldn't be an lnb problem could it? as i did install a new inverto LNB a few weeks back around the same time i got the duo.

strange thing also is that if i disable Tuner A, Tuner B works fine and the motor picks up every satellite i want at the first attempt, satfinder also works first time with Tuner A and B enabled.

basilyoung
01-03-11, 01:50
Well I've just about run out of ideas now as I've tried everything Tuner wise and both are definately set up as seperate tuners, I've spent around another 4 or 5 hrs on it again tonight.

I'll try a few different images tomorrow just to see if its a Vix problem, It couldn't be an lnb problem could it? as i did install a new inverto LNB a few weeks back around the same time i got the duo.

strange thing also is that if i disable Tuner A, Tuner B works fine and the motor picks up every satellite i want at the first attempt, satfinder also works first time with Tuner A and B enabled.

try reversing coax cables, and settings on the tuners

baz

tomthebomb1968
01-03-11, 04:00
I have been the same trouble as you since oe16 images came out. I think its a motor problem as my mate has same setup except he has a TM2600 motor and mine is a Nikaii motor purchased in Maplin. I think its a clone of a TM2100. Ive tried all the different combos but it will not work right for me. I flashed an old 0e15 image and it works like its supposed to. It is frustrating I know how you feel. Think I will try a new motor now.

ams3521
01-03-11, 10:10
Cheers Tom, It crossed my mind it may be the motor last night but as it works fine on a dreambox i thought it can only be some setting I've mised or a bug in the software.
I'm pretty sure it will work fine Baz if i switch the coax and tuners around but I want the ability to switch satellites when recording on 28.2e , especially when the footys on.

basilyoung
01-03-11, 21:46
the surgestion of swapping tuners, was to establish if it was a config issue or not

but in the end, its advice offer,d, it,s up to you to act on it or not,

but would be interested in the final outcome, regardless of method

baz

ams3521
01-03-11, 23:38
Np's Baz, I'll have a go at that tomorrow m8 and report back the results, thanks for the advice its appreciated.

tommyturnip
06-03-11, 11:17
I have the same issue and it doesn't occur on my DM7020 or DM800 so I am equally confused. To get it to move I have to go into the positioner menu, select a transponder (Tune menu) and then goto a sat position. I use sat positions instead of usals as otherwise I can't get my dish to move when its 'stuck'.

killz187
06-03-11, 13:11
I have the same issue and it doesn't occur on my DM7020 or DM800 so I am equally confused. To get it to move I have to go into the positioner menu, select a transponder (Tune menu) and then goto a sat position. I use sat positions instead of usals as otherwise I can't get my dish to move when its 'stuck'.

Im having the same problem may i ask what motor you have on your dish and what image you are using.My motor is the one that came with the fortec star dish has a pack,its diseqc 1.2 H-H motor, the exact make and model number is not on it.I just want to know if its the motor thats the issue.

basilyoung
06-03-11, 13:20
daft question maybe

but in your tuner config...you do have USE USALs set to yes dont you??

baz

punisher
06-03-11, 13:21
thers a few people having issues with this, i dont have a motorised system to try it myself, but its working for people and not for others, there must be something that isnt clicking, Blu Ray having issues with his motorised system too with a sly fixed dish

tommyturnip
06-03-11, 14:08
I have usals enabled and it works when the dish decides to move. When it doesn't I need sat positions programmed to manually move the dish.

tommy10
06-03-11, 15:21
my dish will not move off 28e since new softwear download and i use usals runniing vu=duo 1mtr dish and technomate motor..

bassethound
06-03-11, 15:29
Have you set up the other sats to use usals?

some times a restart is needed to get settings working

ams3521
07-03-11, 23:40
I've restarted, tried every combination of tuner setup and its still the same, Its as if the dish is not getting a signal to move when the reciever switches tuners, once the the motorised dish kicks in after selecting the required satellite manually a couple of times , the motorised dish works fine.
The reciever actually looks for the channel as the flashing dish icon appears on screen, its just that the motor will not move to find it.

basilyoung
08-03-11, 00:17
can you go to a single tuner setup, say tuner B enabled

set it up to USALS, extra voltage enabled, for now, only have 28/19/13 east enabled

once done, reboot the unit

go to setup, service search, satfinder...and select 13 east...( it should be by defualt, trying to see 19 east )

if it finds 13 east, then change to 28 east, ( if the dish moves, you should see sig strengths as it passes 19 east )

baz

ams3521
08-03-11, 01:53
I did a similar thing before Baz, in the customise menu I made the preferred Tuner B.
exited to the main screen then selected 19e, as expected the dish wouldnt move, then i selected 19e, again and as usual the dish moves no problem.
Now that Tuner B has kicked in and is my preferred Tuner i can go to any satellite i wish , even off and on 28e without a problem as Tuner B is now the preferred tuner.

Satfinder works fine even with Tuner A or B as the preferred tuner, it always has done.

As for the extra voltage I've also tried that in the past to no avail but i will try it again now with Tuner B the preferred Tuner.

ams3521
08-03-11, 02:06
Just the same as above Baz with or without the increased voltage.

tomthebomb1968
08-03-11, 10:16
Hi ams, as I earlier posted I am having the same experience as you. What I have found is if after watching via the static dish, if you goto a channel that the motorised dish is parked on it kicks in right away and then goto the channel you actually require. It seems to work ok that way without having to go into the Satfinder menu to move the dish.

ams3521
08-03-11, 11:38
Cheers Tom, I noticed that too but half the time i can't remember what sat the dish was last used on so i tend to use sat finder, I'm beginning to live with the problem but it would be great if it could be fixed.

tomthebomb1968
08-03-11, 14:19
:confused:Yeah its a pain to have to move the dish before setting up any timer recordings. As I stated before mine works fine with older images, but it is strange that some people are having no problem and some are.:confused:

killz187
13-03-11, 21:35
Anybody had any luck yet about this problem of motorised dish?Reflashed the box twice this week still no luck.:confused:

basilyoung
13-03-11, 22:57
to be honest, I have tried to duplicate this problem here, but with the static dish set to single sat, (tuner A) and tuner B set up as a motorized dish using eithe USAL,s and or using my V-Box ( 1.2 36v andrews dish ) it simply works

with my 36v set up, I have set the positions like this 1west = pos 001 28 east = pos 028 19 east = 19 and so on ( with USALs disabled )

perhaps this might be worth a try

baz

tomthebomb1968
14-03-11, 01:01
It is strange that it effects some boxes and not others. i read the tech radar review of the Duo and they had the same trouble. They said they solved it with some tweaking without fully explaining. They did say they were using a Moteck motor and mine is a clone of that motor so maybe thats the culprit. Heres what they said.

Verdict
Our only real trouble concerned DiSEqC, certainly with a Moteck positioner. Although there was no problem configuring satellites during the setup phase, the dish would fail to move when a channel on a different satellite was subsequently selected for viewing.
There are plenty of DiSEqC parameters in the setup menus and a tweak of these restored normal operation. If you run into problems you'll appreciate the wide range of support the Vu+ DUO enjoys on internet forums.
Overall, though, this receiver impresses and – with the exception of blind search and PID entry – has everything you could ask for at a sensible price.

ams3521
16-03-11, 00:55
I'd say its definately a motor problem as I have the same one as Killz187 who's also posted in this thread.
I've not tried it on any previous versions of Vix as my box is all set up now and the wife comfortable with it, it would be nuptial suicide to change it now lol.
Strange thing is my dish works on a dreambox and an openbox without any problems, if need be I'll change the bleeding motor in time.

tommyturnip
16-03-11, 22:49
It would be useful if people posted what they have done to fix the problem, if anyone has.

Otherwise a list of motors that are issue free.

ams3521
11-04-11, 23:03
Eureka!! I think I've found the problem, there's nothing technical about this just lots of trial and error.

Anyhow here are the settings that now allow my dish to work properly.....by the way the motorised dish has to be setup using the advanced tuner configuration so you can access these settings.

goto Setup/Service Searching/Tuner configuration/ Tuner B

Leave everything at default apart from the following settings.....

increased Voltage.....Yes
Toneburst.........B
Committed DiSEqC command.......BA
Fast DiSEqC.......Yes
Sequence repeat.......Yes
Command Order........committed, toneburst

Then Voilla, it worked, hopefully it will also work for others with the same problem

basilyoung
11-04-11, 23:56
well at least you are sorted now, and well done, and thanks for posting your results, its good to know that peeps problems are resolved

baz

tomthebomb1968
12-04-11, 14:40
I too am working perfectly again. But I replaced the moteck clone motor with a TM2600 on Friday. Worked straight away.

bassethound
12-04-11, 15:40
cant go wrong with a TM2600 great motor :thumbsup:

tommyturnip
07-05-11, 12:17
Eureka!! I think I've found the problem, there's nothing technical about this just lots of trial and error.

Anyhow here are the settings that now allow my dish to work properly.....by the way the motorised dish has to be setup using the advanced tuner configuration so you can access these settings.

goto Setup/Service Searching/Tuner configuration/ Tuner B

Leave everything at default apart from the following settings.....

increased Voltage.....Yes
Toneburst.........B
Committed DiSEqC command.......BA
Fast DiSEqC.......Yes
Sequence repeat.......Yes
Command Order........committed, toneburst

Then Voilla, it worked, hopefully it will also work for others with the same problem

Didn't work for me, I guess that I will have to go down the route of a new TM motor.

killz187
07-05-11, 12:23
Didn't work for me, I guess that I will have to go down the route of a new TM motor.
I too had to buy a new motor which is the TM2600 and everything works fine now.I think thats the only way to solve the problem,good luck.

Comfysofa
08-05-11, 09:08
Gents - i thought id chip in here - i had this same kind of problem with my old 7025 last year, tried everything (even running new cables up to the dish) - and for me it was a faulty/incompatible LNB (which was strange as when i did manage to get the dish on sat i did get a picture) and that was an Invacom 0.3 (what i believed to be pretty well the best at the time) - changed to a different manufacturer and i havent had a problem since. So, although it gave the illusion of working - it didnt - hope that helps.

ams3521
08-05-11, 18:08
A friend of mine has got the same problem i had and after inputing the settings that got mine working (as stated in my post above) into his
+DUO there was no joy, still the same problem.

So i've been fiddling around again for the last 5 or 6hrs and eventually got his working, as a last resort i downloaded the 'satellite equipment setup' plugin and installed it, the last option is 'Motor command retries' , I changed this to 3 and now the dish works fine.

by the way tuner B setup is 'simple...positioner...usals', i had no need to change anything in the 'advance tuner setup' this time

Again I hope this helps somebody out.