PDA

View Full Version : problem initializing hard drive

beezo
25-02-11, 16:29
Hi guys,

I installed vix 2.0 on my vu+ duo, tried to initialize the seagate ST350041AS HD but I get and error after 94% saying

"Error: or by label, using -L label; or by uuid, using - u uuid
Other options: [-nfFrsvw][- o options][-p passwdfd]
For many more details, say man 8 mount"

I did a search on the forum which said I should installed the default vu+ duo image which i did, i initialized and did a filesystem check with no problems at all. so I then re-installed vix 2.0 and tried to record something but it said no HD. so I thought, must have to intialize and do a file system check again but again I got the same error message as before

"Error: or by label, using -L label; or by uuid, using - u uuid
Other options: [-nfFrsvw][- o options][-p passwdfd]
For many more details, say man 8 mount"

Any ideas what I should do?? could this be a bug with the new vix 2.0 image?? not having a dig as im very greatful to all the guys that put these images together. Just want to get my box working

punisher
25-02-11, 16:32
shouldnt be a bug as loads of us have it working with vix 2. did you format the hdd in device manager and then partition it and then initialize it and reboot and all should be working

bazeze
25-02-11, 18:11
I had the same problem, try to install the original Vu+ firmware then initialize and reinstall vix 2.0. that's what i did and it work for me

ams3521
26-02-11, 01:18
I had a similar problem too, also make sure in the Vix device manager you can see the hard disk mounted.

f4f
26-02-11, 07:32
Im having problems similar as above but now not even getting detected anymore

GiP
26-02-11, 13:52
Im having problems similar as above but now not even getting detected anymore

I had the same problem too. If the HD is a Western Digital try putting a jumper between 5-6 to enable the 1.5GB PHY, after I did that it rarely happens that the HD is not detected after a restart, probably the new drivers helped too.
G

paxrax
28-02-11, 19:59
im having the same problem, looks all good till i try to record and i get no hdd installed.

any thoughts, or anyone want to do a keypress tut for me as im sure i must be getting something wrong!

both drives worked fine on blackhole till i flashed the box with vix 2.0.

f4f
28-02-11, 20:34
I solved the problem i flashed the Vu+ firmware and initialised the hard drive where everything worked coorectly. I recorded a programme for a minute or so then flashed Vix 2.0 again everything worked fine did not even have to initialise it again hope this helps.

paxrax
28-02-11, 20:38
cheers, will give it a go tomorrow if i get chance.

just flash with official first, set up the hdd then reflash with vix?

punisher
28-02-11, 23:00
yeh that should get it working paxrax

gazza341
01-03-11, 00:23
I solved the problem i flashed the Vu+ firmware and initialised the hard drive where everything worked coorectly. I recorded a programme for a minute or so then flashed Vix 2.0 again everything worked fine did not even have to initialise it again hope this helps.

Thanks mate worked for me when my 2TB samsung hd wouldnt I initialise
It's recognised every time now since I installed on Friday

emula
26-03-11, 19:11
Wher to find VU plus Firmware?
I have solo having same problem as above Thank you in advance.

bassethound
26-03-11, 19:35
Wher to find VU plus Firmware?
I have solo having same problem as above Thank you in advance.

All original VU+ images are here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?24-VU-Solo-Official-Original-images

gazzag67
20-07-11, 14:55
Im having the same problem.

Where can i get clarke tech et9000 original image from?

To keep my current setup, do i have to do a back up on to PC using clarke tech control centre. Once i have flashed original and initialized, how do i restore current VIX 2.1 settings? flash VIX and then restore? or use the restore to reflash VIX?

Also GIP mentioned

"If the HD is a Western Digital try putting a jumper between 5-6 to enable the 1.5GB PHY, after I did that it rarely happens that the HD is not detected after a restart, probably the new drivers helped too."

I dont know what this means. Do i still try reflashing 1st? or am i wasting my time with Westerd Digital HD and need to do as described above by GiP.

I have been trying to sort this out for weeks and its the final piece of the puzzle to keep my other half happy and getting rid of Sly!!