PDA

View Full Version : Motorised Dish Settings

frank
25-02-11, 03:48
What position is best for a 1M motorised dish with Diseqc 1.2 Motor?

Latitude?

Longitude?

etc

I am from the North West/Lancashire area and I want to receive satellites from 45E to 30W.

Thanks

chris76
25-02-11, 03:54
Hello mate

Use dishpointer.com and input your address and this will give you the exact co-ordinates also you will be much better using the usals if your STB supports this.If you are asking whats the best position for setting the dish up then set the correct motor elevation to your co-ordinate prob 52 on the motor scale but check first, then point it due south input the co-ordinate into the box then send it to thor 1w and fine tune.if you followed everything and the pole is plumb it shoud be getting 30w 39e no problems.

frank
25-02-11, 12:34
Hello mate

Use dishpointer.com and input your address and this will give you the exact co-ordinates also you will be much better using the usals if your STB supports this.If you are asking whats the best position for setting the dish up then set the correct motor elevation to your co-ordinate prob 52 on the motor scale but check first, then point it due south input the co-ordinate into the box then send it to thor 1w and fine tune.if you followed everything and the pole is plumb it shoud be getting 30w 39e no problems.

What's the difference between DiSEqC and Usals? Which is better? (I have a Vu+ Duo)

Which is better for a 1m dish for 45e to 30w?

Thanks

Larry-G
25-02-11, 12:57
longitude and latitude are unique to you and your location. as whats best, they both work fine. i use a 1 meter dish with a DM7020 using DiSEqC 1.2 have no problems getting the satellites your after.
in durham.

frank
25-02-11, 14:14
longitude and latitude are unique to you and your location. as whats best, they both work fine. i use a 1 meter dish with a DM7020 using DiSEqC 1.2 have no problems getting the satellites your after.
in durham.

If the dish is not aligned accurately, will diseqc be a better option (than usals)?

Stanman
25-02-11, 14:23
I don't think so the alignment is the most important thing otherwise as you move through the arc it will not lock on properly to the dish, bit like your GP being off by a few meters and sending you to the road before rather than the one after.