PDA

View Full Version : Flashing problem 2

revsup
24-02-11, 23:43
Thanks for all your help with my last flashing an image problem.Can anybody still help I cannot figure this out.
I have had a Vu+Duo for approx 3-4 months in that time I have flashed it neumerous times.
In the past week it has developed a problem whichever image I flash it seems to hang with "loading defaults" or "starting Enigma 2" I cannot get into the menu, I have downloaded from both my PC & Mac . I have tried neumerous USB memory sticks.
I exchanged the machine for a new one ,and guess what it is doing it again.
A friend of mine flashed it with a serial cable and at his house seemed to get into the menu but as soon as I returned home it went into this loop of "loading defaults"
Is there something I have missed or do I have to get a Dreambox?????

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

silverfox0786
24-02-11, 23:46
are you sure there is no power surge or electricirty dificaiancy at yr house that is stopping box from booting

judge
24-02-11, 23:50
have you any other USB HDs plugged in when flashing?

revsup
25-02-11, 00:00
Silverfox0786 its funny you asked that I have just had a new mcb distibution board put in in last few days but my woes started before that.
I did have an eSata drive but that is unplugged
I know this sounds silly but I do have a lead plugged in the SPIDF I'm going to unplug it and try that.

revsup
25-02-11, 00:09
Tried that---------No Luck just watching the "LOADING ENIGMA ll " and the VIX sign going round and around , and although the Vu receiver is receiving signals from the remote I do not have any control over it.

punisher
25-02-11, 00:19
do you have an internal hdd? if you do, try unplugging and removing it and try rebooting and see if that gets the system back online

bassethound
25-02-11, 00:28
Try disconnecting everything lnbs/hdd int and ext/usb/ unplug from mains for 5min then try re-flashing with original VU+ image on the front usb first then the back if image wont load

are you using the original power cord it came with the euro 2 pin one if so try a different 2/3 adapter if you have one or try a different extension cable

revsup
25-02-11, 06:28
Thanks for your ideas guys
But I have no hard drive plugged in .
I have just tried reflashing with the original image on both the front and the back with it again stuck on loading enigma 2 and the hour glass spinning.
This most frustrating because I'm not doing anything different to what I did before.
Just an idea but when we flashed it on the serial port at my friends house it loaded but when I brought it home it won't load.
What out side influences could cause this??
The is no magnetic fields near it there is nothing different.
Oh by the way the enigma 2 is still loading.

punisher
25-02-11, 11:11
theres gotta be something in the house then. take the box to ur mates again and see if it loads up. if it does then like i said its random as anything but something at ur house is causing the problem

revsup
25-02-11, 19:15
I moved the Vu+ into another room and it did boot into basic image and I thought I had cracked it, because even when I put in its new position in my computer room away from other power supplies it booted up. I used another power lead.
So I thought great lets put in a better image but, alas that failed again I even changed the HDMI lead from a really expensive one to basic lead that did't make any difference.
The annoying thing is I have flashed images in the past it is only recently that is keeps on happening.
Do you think wapping the power leads could make any difference it has got rhe original 2 pin plug on???

revsup
25-02-11, 19:19
Sorry wapping should read swapping

punisher
25-02-11, 19:19
yeh swap power leads, also when you flash again try downloading the file from a different browser and using a different usb stick if possible. were going to have to try everything here lol

revsup
25-02-11, 21:07
Gentlemen
I have sussed it it is like this I have 2 days ago took delivery of a LG E2350 monitor not knowing that pure PC monitors need special HDMI drivers unlike televisions.
Did anybody know this? I just plugged it in from an the HDMI out of the view to a special attachment that cost an arm & a leg that converts this signal that goes into a mini display port for my 27" Imac and sudenly it goes into the image menu instead of hanging.
Do I have to buy a television or are there any special drivers on the VU+ that will work?
I hope I made sense to eveybody??

punisher
25-02-11, 22:15
i thought you were using a tv lol hmm im not sure if it will work with monitors, will need to wait and see what the other guys think. have you tried it on a television anyway just to confirm it does definately 100% work?

revsup
26-02-11, 00:16
No not yet I might tomorrow
I dont remember reading anywhere that a HDMI input on a monitor is different to a television HDMI input
I also found out before I puchased a 3D monitor, that ,PC games 3D (Nvidia) is completly different to Blu-ray or SKY 3D.

punisher
26-02-11, 00:29
hmmm i dont have a HDMI monitor to test it on otherwise i would have given it a crack but atleast you found the problem