PDA

View Full Version : help to get dreamdroid working over internet

sherry
24-02-11, 19:19
Hi.

I have a vu+ duo box and i have downloaded dreamdroid on my htc desire hd mobile and i would like to control my box from the internet.

is there a guide on how to set it all up?

when i have my mobile connected to my wireless network i can put in the ip for the box and i can control my box.

i would like to control this from the internet and not my local network.

any help would be great

Sicilian
25-02-11, 07:43
Will be similar to the Iphone app, have a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?6292-Iphone-app-Dreambox-live-any-got-it-working Heres a guide on remote access http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?656-Remote-Access-Remotely-access-your-reciever

dfdream
25-02-11, 09:19
Sherry
I have this working from web and find it an excellent app, if you have any questions put them on here and we will try to help.

Pros and Cons for the App

Pros
Search Function
In the channel list you can see the current program and duration remaining.
Able to take screenshot from app.
Having the android options button to access submenus or options.

Cons
Remote layout is poor compared with dreamon.

Did you get straming from the Duo to work on this on LAN.

gatekeeper179
25-02-11, 17:04
Hi. I'm also trying to get Dreamdroid to work over my lan, with no success.....connects to VU+ Duo ok and can control the box fine, but when I try to stream it just fails to play.

Phone is HTC Desire with all updates,/firmware applied.

Going to try it on my Epad ZT-180 (might work) lol

punisher
25-02-11, 17:13
Make sure you forward port 8001 to the duos ip in the router, some routers need you to that in order to stream. I had to do that for my iphone to stream on my belkin router

sherry
25-02-11, 17:15
thank you m8.

i now have it all working but when i got to current then stream current i get an error message saying sorry, the video cannot be played.

any help would be great.

thanks

sherry
25-02-11, 17:24
Sherry
I have this working from web and find it an excellent app, if you have any questions put them on here and we will try to help.

Pros and Cons for the App

Pros
Search Function
In the channel list you can see the current program and duration remaining.
Able to take screenshot from app.
Having the android options button to access submenus or options.

Cons
Remote layout is poor compared with dreamon.

Did you get straming from the Duo to work on this on LAN.

thank you m8.

i now have it all working from the lan and internet but when i got to current then stream current i get an error message saying sorry, the video cannot be played.

any help would be great.

thanks

gatekeeper179
25-02-11, 18:15
Having the same problem as sherry....video can not be played :( Just as a note : get same error message on the Epad ZT-180....apart from streaming, everything else works.

ynwa
25-02-11, 18:32
I cant get connected over LAN> What settings did you all enter into the profile?

sherry
25-02-11, 18:49
I cant get connected over LAN> What settings did you all enter into the profile?

have you created an account with dynDNS updater?

if you have then you type your dynamic DNS host name that they provide into the box that says Hostname/IP and use port 80.

your DNS hostname can be found by clicking the dynDNS icon in the taskbar next to the clock.

hope this helps m8

punisher
25-02-11, 18:58
i dont think android phone have the codec to stream maybe, if someone can confirm that, hence why it wont show any video

ynwa
25-02-11, 19:19
have you created an account with dynDNS updater?

if you have then you type your dynamic DNS host name that they provide into the box that says Hostname/IP and use port 80.

your DNS hostname can be found by clicking the dynDNS icon in the taskbar next to the clock.

hope this helps m8

Any login information needed? OR what needs set up on the box. I had a dyndns address (didnt know about the updater) but still get connection error.

sherry
25-02-11, 19:28
Any login information needed? OR what needs set up on the box. I had a dyndns address (didnt know about the updater) but still get connection error.

i didnt set anything up on the box m8. i think you might have to have the dyndns running and use the name it shows for it to work.

maybe somene can confirm if this is correct.

when i have it running all i have to do is type the dns name in and the port and that is it m8.

Maxwell
25-02-11, 19:49
There is currently no Android videoplayer that can do streaming from Enigma 2. I have tried them all and been in contact with the devs of Rockplayer. The closest I can get to streaming is with their app, I can get the audio but no video and the audio will cut out after about 2 mins max.
Its not all bad though as VLC for Android is not far away and the dev for dreamdroid and rockplayer are in communication regarding making the 2 apps work together.
I am also of the opinion that the Enigma 2 interface for streaming is in need of a revamp

ynwa
25-02-11, 20:25
i didnt set anything up on the box m8. i think you might have to have the dyndns running and use the name it shows for it to work.

maybe somene can confirm if this is correct.

when i have it running all i have to do is type the dns name in and the port and that is it m8.

Not sure what im doing wrong. I just get connection error. I have done a network test on the box, and the local network says disconnected. Not sure why as i can ftp into it and run updates on it.

I can ping my dyndns address successfully from my pc.

sherry
25-02-11, 20:41
i have just done a network test and mine says disconnected also m8.

are you typing your dns name into hostname/ip?

mine is xxxx.dyndns-work.com

punisher
25-02-11, 22:11
make sure you are using the correct port in your settings ... check menu/plugins/webinterface and see what HTTP port you are using and make sure that is the one in the app setings and also forwarded in your router too to the ip address of the box

ynwa
26-02-11, 00:17
Must be doing something stupid. I can ping my address xxxxx.dyndns.biz

Using port 8001, which has been tested as open. Its set on the app and on the web interface. Just keep getting connection error.

hostname: xxxxx.dyndns.biz
streaming ip: 192.168.0.10
port: 8001

EDIT: ********! Just tried to open the web interface in my browser here, and got a green screen crash. Box reboots and continually gets green screen crashes, stating component: webinterface. Going to have to install the image again now. ARGH!

punisher
26-02-11, 00:28
port 8001 is for streaming, what was your HTTP port set as, it cant be 8001, should be 80 or 01222 most people use so when you go into browser you sould be typing xxx.dyndns.biz:80 or xxxx.dyndns.biz:1222

ynwa
26-02-11, 00:31
Had tried port 80 too. Will try again later, looks like im going to have to reflash.

punisher
26-02-11, 00:35
aah dam, well let us know how it goes, just make sure all the settings match what you have in on ur duo and you should be ok

gatekeeper179
26-02-11, 11:56
Update on my testing : Streaming from VU+ Duo to HTC Desire and ZT-180 (epad)

Working : Movies from VU+ Duo to HTC Desire and ZT-180 work great in SD, but HD movies get a little lag (set buffer to 128k in Vplayer and they work fine).
Radio stations stream fine with no problems.

Not Working : live tv streams (just get video error message) (tried settings in router,nothing yet)

Setup here is : VU+ Duo...HTC Desire.....Epad ZT-180.
Software used for testing : Vplayer latest version from market.....Dreamdroid version 0.8.4 (had to google for it) latest version wont stream anything Hmmm.

So far, so good lol...going to try out earlier versions of Vplayer and Dreamdroid to see if I can get Live TV to stream :)
Hope this may be of some help to others.

Maxwell
26-02-11, 12:26

Working : Movies from VU+ Duo to HTC Desire and ZT-180 work great in SD, but HD movies get a little lag (set buffer to 128k in Vplayer and they work fine).

Not Working : live tv streams (just get video error message) (tried settings in router,nothing yet)

Software used for testing : Vplayer latest version from market.....Dreamdroid version 0.8.4 (had to google for it) latest version wont stream anything Hmmm.

So far, so good lol...going to try out earlier versions of Vplayer and Dreamdroid to see if I can get Live TV to stream :)

Which version of vplayer ?

Sorry just noticed really need to learn to read properly :eek:

wont help me anyway as vplayer wont run on my Advent Vega, will try it on my ZTE Blade though, not tried just movies as live streaming is my ultimate goal

gatekeeper179
26-02-11, 12:32
Update : I now have all Live TV Channels working fine.....
When you run Dreamdroid and click Bouquets, live tv wont stream, just video error......however, if you click Provider (TV) all your tv channels stream fine...woohoo :) must be a bug or something in the latest Dreamdroid.

Dreamdroid version 0.8.4 is working :)
Vplayer version 0.7.7

All tests done over Lan

gatekeeper179
26-02-11, 12:35
Which version of vplayer ?

The current version on the market 0.7.7

punisher
26-02-11, 12:35
nice find mate, that should help all those out that were having problems :thumbsup:

gatekeeper179
26-02-11, 12:40
nice find mate, that should help all those out that were having problems :thumbsup:

Just glad to get it working lol...never give up I say :)

punisher
26-02-11, 12:47
lol it is much easier to work on the iphone though :p

gatekeeper179
26-02-11, 13:11
lol it is much easier to work on the iphone though :p

Ive got a Ipod Touch but not tried that yet, should stream over wifi if the touch lets me install the iphone app :)

punisher
26-02-11, 13:36
yeh just download the app, same settings are what you put in dreamdroid and works pretty well too

ynwa
26-02-11, 15:48
port 8001 is for streaming, what was your HTTP port set as, it cant be 8001, should be 80 or 01222 most people use so when you go into browser you sould be typing xxx.dyndns.biz:80 or xxxx.dyndns.biz:1222

Worked with 01222:thumbsup:

ynwa
13-03-11, 19:42

As is usually the case, this didnt work for me. Dreamdroid is connecting no problem. Select providers, then a channel and then stream. vplayer opens then closes quickly, back to providers.

sn196
19-08-11, 19:25
Any updates on this, im having the same issue.

dexy
18-04-12, 12:01
As is usually the case, this didnt work for me. Dreamdroid is connecting no problem. Select providers, then a channel and then stream. vplayer opens then closes quickly, back to providers.

I have galaxy note and everything works great but when i want to stream vplayer closes mx player error message cant play video...etc
can anyone help ?
on my computer i can stream from DM800hd

Maxwell
18-04-12, 12:11
try Daroon Player instead of vplayer

dexy
18-04-12, 15:52
There is no daroon player in adroid market ?
where can get it ?

dexy
18-04-12, 17:36
solved!
i only had to turn of in my Dreambox Streaming Authentication! (webinterface settings)
not it stream from every player!

Delvey
04-02-13, 17:33
Old thread I know, but I seem to be having problems with this
I can get access to my vu solo with dreamdroid over 3g quite easily, however, I cannot get it to stream live TV. I have a quick upload speed (16mbps) and I am only trying to watch SD channels. Tried using VLC and MXplayer to no avail

shanethegooner
12-02-13, 02:19
I found I needed to forward the streaming port (8001) before I could steam over 3G.

Now (using DreamDroid) streaming works perfectly.