PDA

View Full Version : 'truncated' motorised dish

bazzerkap
22-05-24, 12:32
Hi

I am using a H-H motor dish for the most common Sats I use. ie 4.8E to 28.2E I am not really interested in the Western positions.

I cannot get the outer East sats where my dish is positioned but there is a small space at the bottom of the garden where the Sats 45E to 39E should be receivable.

I was thinking of getting another second-hand H-H motor and dish just for the 3 sats 45E, 42E and 39E. If I do what do I need to set the dish pole position to? eg; Normally it is set to due south and the arc covers the sats East and West. But I have a limited space and getting the motor pointing south might be awkwrad. I am just wondering if setting the dish zero position to say 42E and then tuning in the other two either side manually (not USALS) will suffice? Is this possible?

Huevos
23-05-24, 22:02
I wouldn't bother with a motor. Just add 3 LNBs to a fixed dish

bazzerkap
26-05-24, 08:44
Yes I thought of that especially with the separation being so small but hard to fit three LNB's so close together unless there is a 3-way 'monoblock' on the market?

bazzerkap
26-05-24, 09:56
There is a rare 3 LNB monoblock (3 degrees) available from Opticum which I may try to get.

Huevos
26-05-24, 12:34
How big is the dish? Bigger the dish the more the separation and therefore on a bigger dish it is easier to fit things in. If you have problems with space use a multiconnect LNB.

bazzerkap
26-05-24, 18:36
I was going to use my Technomate 80CM dish with the motor idea but have a Channelmaster 1.2M dish which I will refit for the triple LNB I have just bought from eBay.

bazzerkap
26-05-24, 18:38
That looks like a torroidal dish array. I had one of those ages ago but lost interest so am just refitting what dishes etc I have lying around. :-)66389