PDA

View Full Version : How to upgrade ET9000 via USB memory stick

Sicilian
24-02-11, 08:31
Format your USB stick Fat 32 then make /et9000 folder in the root and copy the following 4 files to that location.
1) boot.bin
2) kernel.bin
3) rootfs.bin
4) imageversion
Insert USB stick into either USB socket on the rear or front and then Power Off and Power On.

After power-on, ET9000 is detecting USB driver and perceiving the upgrade files existed.
Taking a look at ET9000 informs "image found?" on the left of front panel and pressing "OK" button on the right of it.
ET9000 gets into a state of upgrading the files and displaying "flashing" on it. after complete upgrading, rebooting it.

-Note-
During upgrading, please don't unplug power or shut down STB.

EDIT: RECEIVERS USING THE LATEST BOOTLOADER ALREADY FLASHED WILL USE A FOLDER NAMED et9x00

julvisor
12-11-11, 20:30
I have flashed with the new bootloader and it worked, then i tryed with the new openpli et9x00 but nothing hapens when restarting the box.
I have tryed with vix image its looks like its loading down but nothing new on the box. What sould i do?

punisher
12-11-11, 21:11
If u flashed the latest bootloader then u cant flash vix 2.2 it wont work and ull have to wait for 2.3 in the meantime ull have to use an image that supports latest bootloader of which i think there r only 3 images

Stanman
12-11-11, 21:17
If you have flashed with the very latest bootloader than you can only use images with the folder labelled 9X000, your best bet is to use PLI until VIX 2.3 is releases.

julvisor
12-11-11, 23:00
yes but nothing hapens when i put in the usbstick with the new et9x00 from pli, its restarts without loading it. And i dont now how to get mgcamd or ccam on it.

Stanman
12-11-11, 23:04
Do you have any other USB devices installed and is the file structure correct on the image ie et9x000 and than the 4 files?

julvisor
12-11-11, 23:16
i installed the new bootloader and then i tryed the new et9x00 image and it was 4 files on it. But nothing hapens when i restart the box it starts without loading. after that i have tryed load vix image and it loads but nothing changes on the box

Joe90
15-11-11, 13:38
I had a similar problem, then realised I hadnt followed the "ruddy" instructions... You must do exactly as it says:

Format the USB stick to FAT32
Create the directory ET9000
Copy the 4 or 5 files into the ET9000 directory (5th file is the NOFORCE.xxx if i recall)
Turn off box
Insert Mem stick in front, ensuring no other USB ports are being used
Turn on box
You will then very quickly get a FP msg saying image found

Hope this helps.

Larry-G
15-11-11, 14:36
i installed the new bootloader and then i tryed the new et9x00 image and it was 4 files on it. But nothing hapens when i restart the box it starts without loading. after that i have tryed load vix image and it loads but nothing changes on the box

you cant use the vix 2.2.100 image with the new bootloaders, to use vix you must now wait for the release of 2.3

LFN
19-12-11, 09:00
Hi. A newbee question: I am about to flash the latest bootloader. There is two folders in the downloaded file. ET9000 and _MACOSX. In the first folder it is three files, and in the other folder there is one file.
Is it correct just to copy the folders/files to a USB stick as they are or do I have to re arrange the files in one folder?

The Lambton Worm
20-12-11, 10:09
Hi. A newbee question: I am about to flash the latest bootloader. There is two folders in the downloaded file. ET9000 and _MACOSX. In the first folder it is three files, and in the other folder there is one file.
Is it correct just to copy the folders/files to a USB stick as they are or do I have to re arrange the files in one folder?

Ignore the _MACOSX folder. Copy the et9000 folder to your pen drive. Insert the pen drive into the STB and follow the instructions above.

fattah1433
23-01-12, 08:46
Hi. I have recently bought an Xtrend 9000 and after using it for one month when I wanted to change the image to another it stays on booting and doesnt go . I dont know what to do ??? I have tried diffrent variety of images but it hangs on booting I mean after flashing completes it shows booting and doesnt go and shows nothing on TV . I waited for a long time for booting but doesnt go . Please help me ????????????????????:confused::confused::confused:

Sicilian
23-01-12, 08:52
Hi. I have recently bought an Xtrend 9000 and after using it for one month when I wanted to change the image to another it stays on booting and doesnt go . I dont know what to do ??? I have tried diffrent variety of images but it hangs on booting I mean after flashing completes it shows booting and doesnt go and shows nothing on TV . I waited for a long time for booting but doesnt go . Please help me ????????????????????:confused::confused::confused:

What image did you flash and did you upgrade the bootloader if using one of the latest images?

tony_westling
20-05-13, 13:20
in the installation guides it says that a file called "boot" should be present. Is "splash" replacing the need of the "boot" file?
If not: how should the boot file be configured?

Is the bootloader dated 2012-may-13 the correct bootloader for openvix-3.0.666?
I also wonder what ViX-2.3-20110930 in the imageversion file stands for? is that the version of the bootloader or should that be changed accordingly what openvix version that is supposed to be istalled after upgrading the bootloader.
Probably I just make more difficult than it is ;)
Just want to be sure before I stab the USB stick in to the box...

tony_westling
20-05-13, 13:20
Hello
I am thinking of upgrading my ET9000 from a 2.3 image (or maybe a 2.2 I'm not sure) to the 3.0 image.
When I look at the fresh files (openvix-3.0.666-et9x00...) there arethe files:
"imageversion"
"kernel"
"noforce"
"rootfs"
"splash"

in the installation guides it says that a file called "boot" should be present. Is "splash" replacing the need of the "boot" file?

I also wonder what ViX-2.3-20110930 in the imageversion file stands for? is that the version of the bootloader or should that be changed accordingly what openvix version that is supposed to be istalled after upgrading the bootloader.

twol
20-05-13, 17:56
Hello
I am thinking of upgrading my ET9000 from a 2.3 image (or maybe a 2.2 I'm not sure) to the 3.0 image.
When I look at the fresh files (openvix-3.0.666-et9x00...) there arethe files:
"imageversion"
"kernel"
"noforce"
"rootfs"
"splash"

Just download the bootloader and latest image from quicklinks/openVix downloads.
Unzip both.
Copy the bootloader folder to an empty usb stick and install.
Then clear usb stick, copy over the folder for the image (ET9x00) to the usb stick and flash.

tony_westling
23-05-13, 12:44
Just download the bootloader and latest image from quicklinks/openVix downloads.
Unzip both.
Copy the bootloader folder to an empty usb stick and install.
Then clear usb stick, copy over the folder for the image (ET9x00) to the usb stick and flash.

Thanks! :-)
It was no problems! Installation worked fine! :-)
Did it late yesterday so I didn't look so deep into it; but at a glance look I couldn't find a editor for the bouquets in the web interface?
Is there any?
Thought the old web-interface-editor worked fine to sort the channels...

Johev
30-12-13, 22:31
Did it late yesterday so I didn't look so deep into it; but at a glance look I couldn't find a editor for the bouquets in the web interface?
Is there any?

Is there any?

Hi tony_westling or anyone else that has experience with flashing an Xtrend ET9200.

I have a very similar situation to the one you have replied to back in May. I am on the Vix 2.3 or 2.4 (can't remember and when checking in the menus there is no About option to see what image I am using at the moment).

I wanted to update my box, following the procedure that you have described above.

1) Formatted an usb to FAT32
2) Downloaded the latest bootloader (et9000-bootloader.zip from 2012-May-13)
3) used winrar to extract the content and copied the folder et9000 to the root of the USB stick)
4) I have inserted the USB stick with the folder into the front usb port and booted up the receiver
5) It does not say it detects anything, it just shows me a message "ET9X00", as it does not say bootloader I did not press OK, so after a while it boots normally to the old image

If I rename the folder et9x00 instead of the et9000 it says that it detected an image Vix 2.3 something, but because it is not an image I did not dare to flash it like this.

What should I do?

Should I press OK when I see the message ET9X00 and wait for it to flash or should I rename the folder to ET9X00 and flash it as if it was an image?

Many thanks for all your needed help :)

Update: So when no USB pen is in the receiver and I turn it on I get the ET9X00 message before I see booting. So my conclusion is with the folder named ET9000 it does not detect the bootloader folder. What does it mean? Am I on the latest bootloader already or should I rename the folder to ET9X00?

Update2: When renaming the booloader folder to ET9X00 and booting the receiver I get the message:
Found Vix Image 2.3 20110930, do you want to flash it? Should I go ahead or should it say bootloader detected?

Johev
30-12-13, 23:03
As I am not allowed to edit my above post (30 min rule) I needed to post this separately:

Update3: My box is an Xtrend ET9200 Silverline Edition bought directly from the sponsor, do I need to flash the bootloader at all? After more reading I think that I don't need to flash the bootloader, even though I probably updated it back in 2011. What do you think? Should I just flash the latest openvix-3.0.808-et9x00_usb.zip following the instructions on page 1?

redrobin
23-09-15, 09:28
My friend has just ordered an XT9500 but i'm not sure which image he requested to be installed on it. To install the latest openvix do i follow the instructions in this thread where the files are copied into a et9000 subfolder of the USB stick or do i follow the instructions in this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45408-How-to-USB-flash-Xtrend-ET10000

Andy_Hazza
23-09-15, 13:38
Find Xtrend ET9x00 flashing guide here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=%2A%2A%2AGuides%20and%20Tutorials%2A %2A%2A/Flashing%20Guides/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk