PDA

View Full Version : Login requirement changed

birdman
25-04-24, 01:44
Is it just me?

For the last week or so I've had to login anew to the website every 2 or 3 days.

adm
25-04-24, 11:29
Is it just me?

For the last week or so I've had to login anew to the website every 2 or 3 days.

So far not a problem for me.

Are you deleting World of satellite.com cookies?

birdman
25-04-24, 12:23
Are you deleting World of satellite.com cookies?I haven't changed anything.
Well, not strictly true, but if I were I'd expect to have to login every time, not just every 2/3 days.

birdman
25-04-24, 12:32
When I look I see that I have a set of Personal Context cookies as well as Default Context.
So I've deleted them.
No idea what they are, but they expire in a few days - the Default ones live longer.
(and they don't seem to come back when I shutdown/restart Firefox).

lincsat
25-04-24, 12:53
I find that after the mandatory password change, I need to fully logout and then log back in but then I remain logged in until the next password change. I'm using Firefox.

bellejt
25-04-24, 13:13
same here and you can just use same password

birdman
26-04-24, 02:04
I find that after the mandatory password change, I need to fully logout and then log back in but then I remain logged in until the next password change. I'm using Firefox.
Ah, yes. That sounds familiar now.
Or I can just edit the cookie validity date and see what happens....

adm
26-04-24, 09:14

Exactly what I do, and I also just make my new password the same as the old password.

birdman
03-05-24, 01:33
I'm now being asked to login every day.
When I check the cookies being set they are set to expire just after they are set.
I am checking the box to keep me logged in each time.

Joe_90
03-05-24, 15:14
I'm now being asked to login every day.
When I check the cookies being set they are set to expire just after they are set.
I am checking the box to keep me logged in each time.

That's most odd. I'm using Firefox (on linux Mint) with the default strict tracking protection set. I have been logged in for weeks now without being prompted for a fresh login.

Joe_90
03-05-24, 15:48
I checked the cookie expiration - other than the session cookies, the long term cookies expire in August 2024.

birdman
06-05-24, 20:10
FYI:

It seems to be related to uMatrix blocking some domains.
Although I hadn't changed anything and if it works when I reset my password, why does it forget the next day?

Anyway, at least I know what to look for should it happen again.

EDIT: I was wrong.
All I actually need to do is reload the page!!!
So possibly a timing issue somewhere?
But not a Vix issue....

Joe_90
07-05-24, 11:44
I use uBlock Origin on Firefox, but I have it disabled for my favourite website(s).:D