PDA

View Full Version : AutoTimer issue noted for this weekend's Grand Prix - Channel 4

Joe_90
18-04-24, 13:36
I'm just flagging a potential issue for F1 fans who may be using AutoTimer for recording Grand Prix qualifying and highlight sessions on Channel 4. I noticed that there were no timers set on my system for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix. For the past several years I have been using an AutoTimer with a partial match of "F1" to record the Grand Prix weekend highlights on Channel 4. This has worked pretty faultlessly for me over the seasons. However, Channel 4 have changed the format of the programme title from "F1 - xxxxx Grand Prix" which they have used since they first started broadcasting F1 events, to "Formula One xxxxx GP" for this weekend's events. This has caused a match fail on my AutoTimer. I don't know if this is a permanent change, but folks may need to adjust their title matching to ensure successful timer setting ;)

adm
18-04-24, 16:06
I'm just flagging a potential issue for F1 fans who may be using AutoTimer for recording Grand Prix qualifying and highlight sessions on Channel 4. I noticed that there were no timers set on my system for this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix. For the past several years I have been using an AutoTimer with a partial match of "F1" to record the Grand Prix weekend highlights on Channel 4. This has worked pretty faultlessly for me over the seasons. However, Channel 4 have changed the format of the programme title from "F1 - xxxxx Grand Prix" which they have used since they first started broadcasting F1 events, to "Formula One xxxxx GP" for this weekend's events. This has caused a match fail on my AutoTimer. I don't know if this is a permanent change, but folks may need to adjust their title matching to ensure successful timer setting ;)

Thanks - noted :)

I've had this problem in the past with Dr Who where the BBC sometimes used Doctor Who instead of Dr Who

adm
18-04-24, 20:44

I have a Sky FTA bouquet and obtain my over the air EPG via Sky's IEPG channel.

My EPG says "Formula 1 ....." rather than "Formula One ..." as you state in your post (It's also Formula 1 on Freeview)

Joe_90
19-04-24, 00:31
I have a Sky FTA bouquet and obtain my over the air EPG via Sky's IEPG channel.

My EPG says "Formula 1 ....." rather than "Formula One ..." as you state in your post (It's also Formula 1 on Freeview)

OOPs - Formula 1 is what it says! My mistake. I'm just using "Formula" as an inexact match, so it works ok - at least for this weekend:p

Joe_90
30-04-24, 10:41
...and Channel 4 have reverted to their original title format for this coming weekend's Grand Prix in Miami :whistle:It is now "F1 - Miami GP xxxx", so my "Formula" title match didn't work. I have reverted to the "F1" format and all events are now marked for recording.

adm
30-04-24, 15:23
...and Channel 4 have reverted to their original title format for this coming weekend's Grand Prix in Miami :whistle:It is now "F1 - Miami GP xxxx", so my "Formula" title match didn't work. I have reverted to the "F1" format and all events are now marked for recording.

I just have two autotimers now, one for a partial match on "F1" and another for a partial match of "Formula 1"

Joe_90
01-05-24, 01:12
This is where the old "Series Link" on Freesat comes into its own. Matching on the series CRID value, instead of trying to match on programme title fragments.