PDA

View Full Version : Remote control handset

digitl
07-04-24, 00:58
I find the Vu+ Duo 4K SE remote control far easier to use with frequently used buttons better placed than they are on the Zgemmh7's. Would a Vu+ Duo remote operate the Zgemma just as well as the one provided?

abu baniaz
07-04-24, 05:10
Some receivers allow you to select another remote. If the option is there, try it.

I think it is
Menu, setup, system, input device

Joe_90
07-04-24, 12:29
@digitl - just be aware that if you are successful in changing remotes, you may encounter a situation later on that if you do a flash of an image the new remote will no longer appear to work. New images will default to the standard remote, so you may have to connect to the box via browser in order to restore saved settings and thus restore remote functionality. I've seen this issue come up in threads occasionally where users have changed remotes and then suddenly find they stop working after a new software install.

digitl
08-04-24, 00:33
@digitl - just be aware that if you are successful in changing remotes, you may encounter a situation later on that if you do a flash of an image the new remote will no longer appear to work. New images will default to the standard remote, so you may have to connect to the box via browser in order to restore saved settings and thus restore remote functionality. I've seen this issue come up in threads occasionally where users have changed remotes and then suddenly find they stop working after a new software install.

Thanks for the warning. I did try with my Vu+ remote earlier and, though the Zgemmah7 offered a Vu+ option, neither remote would either accept or reject it. I had to resort to pulling the plug for a reboot. A pity because the Vu+ remote is far superior to the Zgemmah7's.

abu baniaz
08-04-24, 01:09
Sorry, should have said, there are more than one mode for the VU remotes. I have a Zgemma H9S SE and Vu+ Duo 4K. I'll try the remote changes in a few days.

From what I can remember, the code defaults to yes when you land on a remote and expects you to change it with the selected remote. So instead of reverting back to the original, it locks you out. There were other changes to remote selection code using a different repository instead of what was in the python file. I don't know how that works.

You can control the box using the OWIF (Open Web Inter Face) remote if you ever get locked out.

abu baniaz
08-04-24, 08:04
For reference purpoises - To change the Vu remote control mode:
https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25918-Remote-stopped-working-on-VU-Duo-and-TM-2T&p=193393&viewfull=1#post193393

Huevos
08-04-24, 15:32
Sorry, should have said, there are more than one mode for the VU remotes. I have a Zgemma H9S SE and Vu+ Duo 4K. I'll try the remote changes in a few days.

From what I can remember, the code defaults to yes when you land on a remote and expects you to change it with the selected remote. So instead of reverting back to the original, it locks you out. There were other changes to remote selection code using a different repository instead of what was in the python file. I don't know how that works.

You can control the box using the OWIF (Open Web Inter Face) remote if you ever get locked out.So if you change the remote (on a box that allows this) you will now display the wrong remote image when HELP is pressed. The RemoteSelection plugin allows you to select the correct image. For boxes that have changed remote several times this is helpful (e.g. sf8008).

digitl
09-04-24, 00:53

You can control the box using the OWIF (Open Web Inter Face) remote if you ever get locked out.

Thanks for the offer of a check: appreciated!

bmitie
09-04-24, 09:25
snap i posted this elsewhere " New Replacement Zgemma Remote Control for Zgemma Star Satellite Receiver - No Setup Needed'" perfect

You need to explain what you mean by user friendly and its a waste of time trying a vu remote on zgemma. How many buttons does your other half need? Mine goes Power, epg, channel, ok, or file list, play pause, ff, exit. Occasionally fav or blue button and very happy. Autotimer for everything. it has a sky skin.

digitl
10-04-24, 13:47
snap i posted this elsewhere " New Replacement Zgemma Remote Control for Zgemma Star Satellite Receiver - No Setup Needed'" perfect

You need to explain what you mean by user friendly and its a waste of time trying a vu remote on zgemma. How many buttons does your other half need? Mine goes Power, epg, channel, ok, or file list, play pause, ff, exit. Occasionally fav or blue button and very happy. Autotimer for everything. it has a sky skin.

Thanks, but that's the remote I want to replace. As for my reasons, I can assure you they're perfectly valid.

abu baniaz
15-04-24, 19:35
Finally got round to test this for you, I am afraid I couldn't get it to work.