PDA

View Full Version : H7s

StoobUK
04-04-24, 22:31
I've had my H7S for a couple of weeks now, running VIX. Superb box that does exactly what I want. Would recommend to anyone.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
05-04-24, 15:08
This is a great receiver, thank you for the review! :thumbsup:

stash36
10-04-24, 12:21
I concur, this new box is putting my old Zero's and Solo2 to shame with its performance. Going to have to buy more :(.

What is the solution to the ridiculously bright logo on the front, i've read prise off the front plastic and put black tape over it, anyone found anything better?

adm
10-04-24, 12:44
I concur, this new box is putting my old Zero's and Solo2 to shame with its performance. Going to have to buy more :(.

What is the solution to the ridiculously bright logo on the front, i've read prise off the front plastic and put black tape over it, anyone found anything better?

Lightdims?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TZ7uS93mSo

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=lightdims&ref=nb_sb_noss

If you have access to the LEDs behind the front panel just paint the front of the LED with a black marker pen

stash36
10-04-24, 15:00
Prised the cover off and cut a piece of twin-ply cardboard to the size of the logo, there is a square recess that it sits in nicely. Completely blocked the light and wont affect any airflow or leave any residue.

scgf
29-08-24, 11:27
@stash36 After reading you post, I just did the same. A perfect solution! Thank you.

gws
29-08-24, 14:17
I'm lazy I just put a bit of tape over it on the front.

ArloGuthrie
29-08-24, 15:08
The brightness of the logo was taken care of with a piece of limo tint. Now it's there but very dim.

Shadowed by the good looks and the fact that you can put a drive inside (spins even when in deep standby). My H7 was my first. Blindsided by advertisements of being blindscan capable. Very important.
It did not say software blindscan that requires huge satellite.xml files containing every possible transponder configuration in them. And very, very long scan times.
I believe it's openpli that addressed hardware blindscanning. But only works on Ku band, and not that welll at that.

Mine now sits in the bedroom running ViX and is in client mode configuration using my osmio4k as the master receiver. But that requires that the mio be in standby to have full control at the 'gemma.
For me, buying the H7 was a big bummer. Again, blinded by the blindscan capability. I believe they have removed that bit of text .in the specs. list.
And unless the H7 series has changed from the original. Have a recent satellites.xml file if you wish to do an updated service scan.

kleveland
07-09-24, 04:18
With regards to the front panel LED brightness:

Remote Control/Menu/Setup/User Interface/Front Panel Display

This should control everything you'd like in software.

gws
07-09-24, 10:05
With regards to the front panel LED brightness:

Remote Control/Menu/Setup/User Interface/Front Panel Display

This should control everything you'd like in software.

Unfortunately it doesn't control brightness.

BrianG61UK
08-09-24, 19:20
On my H7S I'm able to control the brightness of the four 7-segment displays but not the AiR logo.