PDA

View Full Version : New User small EPG Issue

umiq88
02-04-24, 12:49
Hi everyone new to forum and Enigma2 boxes.

I have a Zgemma H7S with dual DVB-S2 and DVB-T2 tuners. Managed to get everything setup ok.
- Latest OpenVix image
- Tuners all working
- Can view all channels
- Bouquets setup and working well.

For Sat I'm using Astra 28.2 with Freesat EPG no issues.

For DVB-T2 I'm tuned in to Saorview (Ireland) channels are listed correctly and no issues with reception but there is no EPG data.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it. From searching the closest I can find is I need to "zap/view/tune to a Saorview channel to absorb the EPG. You can automate the zapping using EPG Refresh"

Can anyone explain.

Joe_90
02-04-24, 16:50
Can you screenshot your EPG settings? Saorview uses the standard DVB-T EIT data, so it should populate the EPG with 8 days of data once you are tuned to any channel (enable EIT EPG in settings). The refresh of the Saorview EPG is practically instantaneous due to the limited number of channels. The Freesat EPG for satellite is fine if you are only using a Freesat bouquet. If you also use the free-to-air channels on a Sky bouquet, then you will have gaps for those channels unique to Sky. Here is a screenshot of my EPG settings.66279

Note that I don't use the Freesat EPG as I use the OpenTV data instead. My viewing is 99% Freesat, though. Occasionally, I tune the Sky bouquet if I want to see Davejavu or similar.

abu baniaz
02-04-24, 19:03
the closest I can find is I need to "zap/view/tune to a Saorview channel to absorb the EPG. You can automate the zapping using EPG Refresh"

As per Joe90, the EIT reader needs to be enabled (it is by default). Did I forget to say that in the post where you have quoted me? Sorry. Please post a link to it and I will correct it for next person searching.

umiq88
03-04-24, 09:58
Thanks I'll check it when I'm visiting my parents tomorrow. I know the now and next is definitely working so hopefully just a small setting somewhere.

Yes all good with Freesat and Bouquets