PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo4K] VU+ USB Turbo Tuner

Davidtjm
16-03-24, 13:22
Hi,

I’m trying to get a VU+ Turbo2 USB Tuner to work on a Duo 4k SE, running vers 6.4.011.
The box has an internal FBC sat tuner which works fine with two active tuners in locations A and B and with six inactive tuners from C to H. The external usb tuner does not appear on the list.

I’ve downloaded the e2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo2.This appears under ‘User Installed Plugins’ but there doesn’t seem to be any way to invoke or ‘run’ this plugin.

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks

twol
16-03-24, 13:41
Hi,

I’m trying to get a VU+ Turbo2 USB Tuner to work on a Duo 4k SE, running vers 6.4.011.
The box has an internal FBC sat tuner which works fine with two active tuners in locations A and B and with six inactive tuners from C to H. The external usb tuner does not appear on the list.

I’ve downloaded the e2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-turbo2.This appears under ‘User Installed Plugins’ but there doesn’t seem to be any way to invoke or ‘run’ this plugin.

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks

Drivers are installed automatically …. So would expect the usb tuner to work

abu baniaz
16-03-24, 14:04
There are a few versions of that USB tuner. They require different drivers. Have a search on internet for which one is needed. You will first need to establish the exact device you have by issuing the following command using Putty/terminal. (Hopefully I remembered it correctly).

ls usb

cactikid
16-03-24, 15:12
Does the box need rebooting to see it ?

Davidtjm
17-03-24, 14:32
Problem solved - due to USB HDD presence in second USB slot on rear of box, same as what happens when doing a flash install.

Powered up after removing the HDD and the box picked up the USB Tuner.
Did a scan and picked up all the Terrestrial stations. Powered down, refitted the HDD and everything worked fine.
Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
David