PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue UHD TRIO 4K] Image for GBTrio4KPRO?

ocean
13-03-24, 17:36
Any plans to support PRO version? I'm assuming it needs own image, since there is separate image for PRO in OpenATV.

Tested building 6.5.001 OpenVix and works. Also feeds are working.

twol
13-03-24, 17:49
Any plans to support PRO version? I'm assuming it needs own image, since there is separate image for PRO in OpenATV.

Tested building 6.5.001 OpenVix and works. Also feeds are working.
Thanks for info ---- as far as I can see the only difference is that it loads a BT driver for the Pro (as gets picked up as gbmv200), so should build clean and works - as you have posted.
I guess image availability depends on WoS plans.

Any noticeable differences with the Pro??

ocean
14-03-24, 08:34
PRO physical size is smaller and has wifi and bluetooth. Similar to Octagon sf8008 supreme, but without internal SSD slot.

Original Trio has Silabs si2166, PRO has Availink avl62x1. (This also means SNR for unlocked signals is available)

Remote control is different.

twol
14-03-24, 10:23
PRO physical size is smaller and has wifi and bluetooth. Similar to Octagon sf8008 supreme, but without internal SSD slot.

Original Trio has Silabs si2166, PRO has Availink avl62x1. (This also means SNR for unlocked signals is available)

Remote control is different.

Thanks - Gigablue must have run out of original casings! ... but looks neat

galanoel
17-03-24, 15:44
Is there a plan to support the pro version? I've tried to flash with the Trio 4k version but it fails to read it from my USB stick even do it flashes the emmc files ok. Also won't setup the network?

Sicilian
19-03-24, 09:14
At the moment we don't have a sample nor any plans to support anymore receivers. Problem we have is server storage space to support more receivers. Currently there are 3 servers to keep OpenViX online. Forum server, OpenViX build server and OpenViX downloads and feeds server. Also there's a 4th server that hosts EPG data for EPG importer. There's around 6 different hosting's to host EPG data alone for EPG Importer. Users take this for granted as if its free, but nothing is free in life.

I think our users take for granted that OpenViX will always be online. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication in the background from the team to keep OpenViX going. Huevos, Twol, and all the beta testing team dedicate at lot of hours to OpenViX and OE-Alliance.

The server hosting costs are in the region of £2000.00 per year.

Donations in 2023 where £70!
Donations so far in 2024 are £20!

I pains me to say this, but unless donations improve we can't guarantee OpenViX will remain online, let alone host anymore receivers.