PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue UHD UE 4k - Box unresponsive after 3 tuners in use

iLostMyDinosaur
08-03-24, 09:07
Hi All,

I have been trying to diagnose this issue for a month, since I purchased my UE UHD 4k. Whenever my third tuner becomes in use, the whole box becomes unresponsive and all my recordings active at the time will fail; Physical buttons on box (incl. front power), Remote, OpenWebif, all become unresponsive... the only way to regain responsiveness is to remove power / use the power switch on the back to turn off and on the box. I'm using a GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 LNB.

Has anyone come across this? Anyone know how to diagnose and fix the issue.

I contacted WOS support and they sent me setup details for FBC to confirm my tuners were setup correctly (attached) and they matched. Secondly, I originally believed this only happened in standby and they suggested a permanent power supply for the LNB however I have now tested with the box on, using tuner A always, and it still fails to manage more than 3 streams.

I recently flashed to the latest available version of OpenVix for the Gigablue device and it has made no difference. Any help is massively appreciated.

twol
08-03-24, 12:08
Hi All,

I have been trying to diagnose this issue for a month, since I purchased my UE UHD 4k. Whenever my third tuner becomes in use, the whole box becomes unresponsive and all my recordings active at the time will fail; Physical buttons on box (incl. front power), Remote, OpenWebif, all become unresponsive... the only way to regain responsiveness is to remove power / use the power switch on the back to turn off and on the box. I'm using a GT-Sat GT-S3DCSS24 LNB.

Has anyone come across this? Anyone know how to diagnose and fix the issue.

I contacted WOS support and they sent me setup details for FBC to confirm my tuners were setup correctly (attached) and they matched. Secondly, I originally believed this only happened in standby and they suggested a permanent power supply for the LNB however I have now tested with the box on, using tuner A always, and it still fails to manage more than 3 streams.

I recently flashed to the latest available version of OpenVix for the Gigablue device and it has made no difference. Any help is massively appreciated.

need the debug logs when this happens.
Turn on logs ---> menu/setup/system/logs/settings ----> enable, save not to flash, set local time, enable in extensions(makes it easier, just press blue button for logs).
Then attach log here.

I run gbue4k/gbuhd4k with 3 sats attached no issue.

abu baniaz
08-03-24, 16:47
I have approved the posts.

Can you confirm that you only have one signal wire attached to the receiver? I.e you are not using a splitter thereby supplying signal to tuner B. I presume you are able to reproduce this reliably. Can you list which channels cause the problem and is there a sequence in selecting them that causes the problem? The debug log will capture this information.