PDA

View Full Version : Auto-filing

Jonathan-In-London
04-03-24, 21:03
Hello

I am new to OpenVix with a Vu+ Duo, so please be gentle with me :)

On previous PVRs, I have enabled auto-filing, so that timers save all recordings in a series to a named directory or folder on the disk.

Is there a plug-in which will automate this for OpenVix. I know I can create folders, and add bookmarks, but I'd prefer something automatic. I have already found I can do this by editing /etc/enigma2/autotimer.xml but obviously I am only a typo away from breaking things.

If there isn't a plugin, is there a HowTo on how to write plugins. I am reasonably competent in writing simple Python code.

I appreciate this is probably a more general OpenVix question, if a moderator wishes to move my post, but thought I'd start here, by saying hello to fellow VU+ Duo fans.

Thanks.

Huevos
04-03-24, 22:44
There is a feature in ViX that will group recordings of the same name. In the GUI they are grouped as if they are in an individual folder but really they are in the common folder.

As for plugins you will need to be more specific.

Willo3092
04-03-24, 23:05
There is a plugin called MovieOrganisor by Grog68 that will create directories and move recordings of the same name to it's own directory if there's more than one recording.
I don't think it in the feeds though, you will need to google it.